Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:43   #1
BHPian

ICE with Voice guided GPS

I am looking to replace the 6-CD changer of my Optra magnum with a touch screen ICE with voice guided GPS system. I came across an advertisement (TOI, I suppose) of pioneer system at around 20k. Any suggestions on such ICE system?
I really dont want to buy a separate GPS after upgrading the Music system.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:22   #2
BHPian

@sylan, you can check out this thread by triedeverything
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post1685032
I too an interested in gettig one for my Fiesta 1.6. i have been searching around.
I was looking for the Pioneer AVH 4250 dvd, it has something called, NAVI Ready via RGB, i am not sure what sure that means.
Satguide also has a Navigation Kit for Kenwood and Alpine, need to find out if it work with Pioneer.
Will keep an eye on this thread for updates
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:21   #3
BHPian

Update from Satguide

i just got the below from the Satguide .

==============

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Dear Rajesh Gubbi Yajaman,[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you for writing to SatGuide.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']We regret to inform you that SatGuide software is not compatible with Pioneer AVH-4250dvd 2 din system. It is compatible with below models of Kenwood and Alpine only:[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Kenwood[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']: 5032, 6034, 6039, 7034, 7039, 8034, 8039
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Alpine[/FONT]: 105, 106, 202E, 502E 2 DIN Entertainment systems [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Incar Entertainment System is an advanced 2 DIN (Double DIN) in Car entertainment system which includes GPS Navigation, central to this system is the Windows CE 6.0 platform. Connections to the system are Car acoustics, GPS Antenna, DVB-T antenna, rear view camera, head rest monitors. Functions include, Navigation, DVD, AM/FM, Bluetooth, turn- to- turn GPS Navigation, DVD Player/MP3/MP4/MPEG4, FM Radio, Bluetooth, Windows compatible gaming, TV, SD card slot, USB,Mobile Office,IPodconnecter.

It is fully loaded with One India Map with 810 cities and 20 Lakh Point of Interests which covered all the National highways, state highways & district highways from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

And this device costs you just Rs.34,990/-. [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Enclosed are the detailed specifications of this device for your reference.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks&Regards,[/FONT]
==============

hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2DIN Multimedia and Entertainment system.pdf (1.04 MB, 1609 views)
Old 25th August 2010, 15:34   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I was looking for the Pioneer AVH 4250 dvd, it has something called, NAVI Ready via RGB, i am not sure what sure that means.
I think NAVI ready is by using RGB cable to connect GPS system to the ICE dash so that the Pioneer LCD will display map data as well.
I will be going to the accessory dealer today to check out the options. I will update this space as soon as I get more details.
Old 26th August 2010, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Just got a deal for necvox for 15k(DVD+bluetooth+mapmyindia+reverse camera). The dealer is fair enough in mentioning that the audio quality should not be compared with JVC/Kenwood/Pioneer etc. Also, he mentioned that there is no branded ICE that come with GPS and that pioneer is yet to launch in india.
The option he gives me is to with a pioneer/kenwood system without the GPS and then add the GPS with a RGB cable. Looks like thats the best option I have now. I hope to get all these done under 30k.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Mapmyindia in dash gps for pioneer costs about 22K.
Old 7th September 2010, 14:50   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
The Mapmyindia in dash gps for pioneer costs about 22K.
So whats the total cost of GPS+Pioneer unit? I was quoted around 48K.
Could you please provide more detail of the pioneer unit?
Old 6th October 2010, 13:52   #8
BHPian

Sylvan, any updates on your Touchscreen system for Opta Magnum?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks