Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 23:14   #1
BHPian

Amplifier and woofer/basetube for Santro Xing

Dear sir/mam

i am from Delhi have a 4 year old Hyundai Santro xing, with a, original pioneer music system, with 6" sony speakers.

i am looking for an upgrade of the same system, and adding an amplifier plus a woofer or a base tube to the same.

i have a budget of around 8-10 k.

i have heard, brands like,jbl,pioneer and sony for woofers, and jbl for base tube & alpine,sony, sound barrier for amplifier.

please guide me, for which brand should and which model should i purchase, and whether i should go for a woofer or a base tube.

i will be thankful if you could tell me the tentative prices for the same

--

Satyam Kaushik

satyamkaushik@gmail.com
Old 5th September 2010, 17:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will have to stretch your budget a bit.

* A 4 channel amp will cost you 5-6K, Sony being the cheaper one. Avoid Sound Barrier (LOL what good is anything that acts as a barrier to sound!)
* A set of components (mid-bass + tweeters, sound faaar better than what you have now) to replace the Sony 6" speakers will cost you 5-6K
* A bass tube (avoidable IMHO) will cost you ~4K, about the same as buying a JBL or Bull sub and getting a box made for it. Avoid Sony and Pioneer

Ask around in the market, you might get a good deal on JBL, Blaupunkt, Bull etc.
Old 5th September 2010, 18:54   #3
BANNED

+1^:- a good compo-6incher and 8/10'' woofer powered by 4 ch ampl. is best suit for santro Avoid tube.
Old 6th September 2010, 09:56   #4
BHPian

@deralte

thanx for your reply, but:

which brand should i chose for the amp?
Whats your take on alpine amps?

@dhams thanx

could help me out with the brands, which brand should i go for ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th September 2010 at 10:45. Reason: Back to back posts, please EDIT the post once its approved and also type in full english. Thanks
Old 6th September 2010, 11:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

JBL, Pioneer, even Sony. The risk with Alpine, even sometimes Pioneer, is that you might be given a Made in Lajpatrai Market fake. Better to stick to known brands from known dealers / installers.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:21   #6
BHPian

thanx again for your advice.

Just one more thing, i am looking for some boom boom stuff (higher bass level), after reading other posts i found out that bass tubes produce less bass as compared to subs. Is it true or not?
Old 6th September 2010, 12:42   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
i found out that bass tubes produce less bass as compared to subs. Is it true or not?
bass tubes normally produce more bass but the bass is more boomy than a comparable well made sealed boxed sub.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:21   #8
BHPian

could you tell me a good installer and a place in delhi (near Rohini/Pitampura) from where i get original stuff.

and what's your say on the pioneer TS-W1208 and Alpine Amplifiers. ?
Old 7th September 2010, 13:24   #9
BHPian

i would appreciate if anyone could tell me specific models of brands which come in my budget.
Old 8th September 2010, 10:33   #10
Team-BHP Support

The most common bass tubes I have see around are from JBL. They typically sell for about 6K.
navin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2010, 12:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
could you tell me a good installer and a place in delhi (near Rohini/Pitampura) from where i get original stuff.

and what's your say on the pioneer TS-W1208 and Alpine Amplifiers. ?
Good to see more north delhittes joining the gang!

Satyam.. where are you from? Rohini/Pitampura.. where?

As DerAlte ji correctly pointed out, you need to get rid of that sony crap. Get good front 6.5" components, and if you baaaass, get a bass tube (no not sony or that readymade crap (glass top box) with our local dealers).

Pioneer in a custom box could be a good option for you.. but be sure that "alpine" you're getting is fake. Genuine alpine amp alone retails for app ~ 20K.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:15   #12
BHPian

@pranky, I am from Saraswati Vihar (pitampura)

If I go in for a JBL basstube or a pioneer sub in a custom box, I expect it would cost me around 6-7 k , so please suggest which amp can I get in a range of 4-5 k ?

The dealer near my house says, he can provide me with a Sound Barrier/Sony/Alpine amp for around 3k and a pioneer or a Sony sub for around 4k with box...

He claims he can do the whole thing, including wiring and stuff for a total of 7.5-8 k .

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Amartya : 8th September 2010 at 19:37. Reason: SMS language
Old 9th September 2010, 14:42   #13
BHPian

Satyam, I JUST upgraded from a Santro to an ANHC. My Santro had a 2-channel sony amp connected to a 1300W sub, both mounted on the same box. The rest of the setup included a regular Sony HU, along with mid-range sony comps. The system worked well, and I was quite happy with the sound.

WORD OF CAUTION: Any additions to a Santro virtually makes your boot unusable. I used to be lucky if I could stuff my car-cover in there, if anything else. Go ahead only if you want to permanently sacrifice your boot!
Old 9th September 2010, 14:51   #14
BHPian

I have upgraded my OEM sound system on my Beat LT. The amp and sub came within 11k. The brand is Hertz and it sounds so well, that I am not thinking about any future sound upgrade. If you can stretch your budget a bit, what you will get is a good product as well as an equally good SQ.

I would advise you to avoid going for a bass tube, since its not worth the money or the SQ.

Check my thread on the install if you want to have an idea of what I am talking about. Feel free to pose any questions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...t-lt-iced.html

Cheers,
Alston
Old 9th September 2010, 17:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_wrench View Post
Satyam, I JUST upgraded from a Santro to an ANHC. My Santro had a 2-channel sony amp connected to a 1300W sub, both mounted on the same box. The rest of the setup included a regular Sony HU, along with mid-range sony comps. The system worked well, and I was quite happy with the sound.

WORD OF CAUTION: Any additions to a Santro virtually makes your boot unusable. I used to be lucky if I could stuff my car-cover in there, if anything else. Go ahead only if you want to permanently sacrifice your boot!
first of all thanks for your suggestion regarding the boot.

actually i dont use much of my boot space, and i was thinking that a normal sub plus an amp would not take much space, and solve my purpose.

i just wanted to ask did your system create the BOOM BOOM element , and how was the clarity ? Because that are the 2 things i am looking for

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th September 2010 at 14:16. Reason: Please read the rules section. Only 2 smileys per post is allowed. Thanks !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks