Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 08:23   #1
BHPian

Alto Auditorized @ Evo

Hello People!
Feb 12th – Came back to India for good!
March – Decided which car to buy, considering Bangalore traffic conditions, decided on ALTO LXI
I had to wait for 4 full months to make money!
What next, ICE!! Initial budget 15K, Thanks to TBHP ICE section, it was 27K by the time I was done
after extensive research, I decided to go to Satya (blueraven) at EVO.
Initially decided on Polk db series, but was shot down by Satya, he said Infinity is better than Polk.
I said fine, not a problem. But in the mean time I did some more research and decided to audition Infinity, Hertz, Polk, Rockford Fosgate and Boston. Speakers and Pioneer H.U.
Got the delivery of the car on 20th August, the very next day I was at EVO at 11.15 am. The store was closed. Called Satya he said he will be here in 30 minutes as he was stuck in traffic.
Finally by the time he reached it was after 12 noon!
Being a Saturday there were other people waiting along with me, as soon as Satya came in he was swarmed!
He told his boys to get to work on my car. In the mean time there was this other gentleman who came in his Swift, he had some issues with his Kenwood H.U not able to connect to his Iphone via Bluetooth. When it was tried with Nokia there were no issues at all! So he wanted to return the H.U and buy a different brand. I checked with him and stuck a deal, He sold it to me for 10K. In the mean time I heard his setup. Focal polyglass and was blown away.
Told Satya I want the same system for a cheaper price! He said entry level Focals (Auditor) and he will demo it after the work is done on my car (putting all the wires and amp and central locking).
It was around 2pm it started raining cats and dogs, so work was shut and everybody eagerly waiting for the rain gods to stop! It didn’t.

Satya asked me to drive my car to his basement in another building near to his store. His boys got to work on my csr in the basement, and it was not easy as there was no power and it was pitch dark. Somehow they did lay all the wires and got the speaker boxes and spacers from a different guy (mind you it was still raining cats and dogs and no power)
By the time it was done it was around 9 pm.
Now we went back to EVO where Satya was supposed to put the speakers and audition. I listened to both Boston and Auditor. I liked the clarity in vocals and loudness in Auditor as compared to Bostons. Boston was very smooth and nice but I preferred Auditors as it was cheaper and I liked it.
Boys got to work and by the time Satya fine tuned the system it was 12.30 AM!!!!!! And it was time to wake up the neighbours
Here is what I got.
H.U – Kenwood KDC-U7046BT
Front – Auditor RIP-165S
Rear – Auditor RIP-690C
Amp – Auditor RIP-4280
Damping – Dynamat Xtreme – (to be done in another couple of weeks)

Total Cost including wiring, boxes, spacers and Installation – 27K

Phase -II
1) I will be Damping the front 2 doors
2) Still have to fine tune the system, I can't hear the front comps, rear is overpowering.

Here are the pics!
Old 5th September 2010, 08:27   #2
BHPian

Some of the equipment which is going in!
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-01.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-02.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-03.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-04.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 08:30   #3
BHPian

Door Pads opened to put in 6.5" Comps!
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-1.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 08:34   #4
BHPian

Amp to go under the seat
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-2.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-3.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-4.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 08:47   #5
BHPian

Amp / H.U / Components and Co-Axials installed!
Attached Thumbnails
Alto Auditorized @ Evo-5.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-6.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-7.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-8.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-9.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-10.jpg  

Alto Auditorized @ Evo-11.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 09:52   #6
BHPian

The components appear to be placed too low. Won't it be sort of a hindrance to the passenger's legs?
Do I already see some damages on the right side one's grilles?
Old 5th September 2010, 14:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
The components appear to be placed too low. Won't it be sort of a hindrance to the passenger's legs?
+1 to ^

And the speaker pods are better finished in fiberglass than carpet. Trust me in that position, it is going to attract too much dust and hair and what else.

BTW, how much is the Auditor RIP-4280 amplifier costing?

Never heard of this brand until recently.
Are they really French as they say?
Surprisingly, Cant find them on Ebay sites and never heard of it abroad either.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 18:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

DigitalVampire, Even i had not heard about Auditor until i was told about it while enquiring about ICE stuff around 5 months back. For the price the Auditor speakers are really good. They're an entry level brand for Focal.

Zombie69, congrats on the setup! I don't know if you know this yet; the front Auditor tweeters can be swiveled in side their housing to aim whichever way you want. They don't move too much but it'll move enough to make a difference.

It would've been better if vinyl (art leather stuff) of matching colour was used to wrap the front MDF mounts instead of carpet material.

Any plans for damping? It would make a huge difference.
Old 5th September 2010, 19:04   #9
BHPian

Congrats for the setup Zombie69! Going for 6.5"ers makes a huge difference! Am glad you went for this choice. Dynamat is the best for damping. You can even go for Noisekill which is more VFM. And yes, I agree with Sankar, you can ask Satya if it's possible to wrap up the MDF spacers with vinyl instead of carpet material. That'll look better aesthetically.
Old 5th September 2010, 20:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Do I already see some damages on the right side one's grilles?
That's the best place to place a 6.5" as ALTO stock (front) can accommodate only 4" components. It's a little bit hindrance to the passenger, but not too much. There is no damage on the right side grill. It's just that below the grill there is some kind of a chrome design which in the picture looks like the speaker has been damaged!

Cheers!
Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
+1 to ^

And the speaker pods are better finished in fiberglass than carpet. Trust me in that position, it is going to attract too much dust and hair and what else.

BTW, how much is the Auditor RIP-4280 amplifier costing?

Never heard of this brand until recently.
Are they really French as they say?
Surprisingly, Cant find them on Ebay sites and never heard of it abroad either.
Currently speaker pods are housed in a MDF spacer, I'm also a little bit concerned about dust :(
Auditor amp was quoted to me around 8K but i think i got a discount as i got other stuff also, not sure about the exact price i got

Auditor is entry level Focal and I was also unsure about the brand but once i heard it i found it VFM!

Cheers!
-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
DigitalVampire, Even i had not heard about Auditor until i was told about it while enquiring about ICE stuff around 5 months back. For the price the Auditor speakers are really good. They're an entry level brand for Focal.

Zombie69, congrats on the setup! I don't know if you know this yet; the front Auditor tweeters can be swiveled in side their housing to aim whichever way you want. They don't move too much but it'll move enough to make a difference.

It would've been better if vinyl (art leather stuff) of matching colour was used to wrap the front MDF mounts instead of carpet material.

Any plans for damping? It would make a huge difference.
Thank you Sankar,
The back housing of tweeters has been removed as it was a little big to accommodate inside the door pads and it is hot glued :(
Yes Vinyl! I was looking for that particular material, unfortunately I'm very bad at memory and had forgotten about it. But I'm sure I will get it done in another couple of weeks.
Damping yes, Dynamat Xtreme is on it's way from U.S!
I will get both the front door pads done in my next visit to EVO!

Cheers!
-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Congrats for the setup Zombie69! Going for 6.5"ers makes a huge difference! Am glad you went for this choice. Dynamat is the best for damping. You can even go for Noisekill which is more VFM. And yes, I agree with Sankar, you can ask Satya if it's possible to wrap up the MDF spacers with vinyl instead of carpet material. That'll look better aesthetically.
Thank you Lord!
Infact your ALTO was inspiration to me
I will be Damping it in another couple of weeks! waiting ofr Dynamat Xtreme to come from U.S!
I was a little skeptical about cutting the door pads but I went ahead with it! I hope you are enjoying your DLS's! Also I have to get that slot below the H.U. like the one you have!

Cheers!
-Z

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post. Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts. Thanks

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd October 2010 at 22:58.
Old 5th September 2010, 21:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

The installation looks neat & well carried out, & I must say that the tweeter position is a welcome change.

Though, has Maruti changed the door plastics & dashboard colour to black now? How do you guys rate it against the old scheme? What I have is greyish dash with the central console in black. Even the door trims are all grey.

Drive safe man, take care
Old 5th September 2010, 22:25   #12
BHPian

Awesome set up, can't wait to hear in person.
Old 6th September 2010, 00:34   #13
BHPian

Congrats on your new ICE setup. The entry level auditor speakers from Focals are excellent VFM speakers for the output they provide. Satya has guided you correctly with respect to speakers selection
Initially even I had planned to setup JBLs in front and Polk ovals in rear.
However when Galaxy guys (very popular ICE installer in Cochin) told to me to setup the Auditor speakers (both for front and rear) with Kenwood HU (No Amps) I was apprehensive at first , but then trusted the Galaxy guys as they had done numerous low end to high end ICE setups in Cochin.
Trust me I was simply astounded by the level of clarity these speakers were giving even at higher volume level . Its a total paisa vasool ICE setup .

Hope you are enjoying your new ICE setup.

Take Care
Old 6th September 2010, 10:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
Awesome set up, can't wait to hear in person.
Anytime sir!
I'll be out of town for a couple of weeks on work and will be back on 25th.
You can meet me anytime after that!

Cheers!
-Z
Old 6th September 2010, 15:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

clean and neat work.

i have got a similar set up in my alto, i mean the positioning of the components. i have got illusions in front.

i think one spacer is extra in your case. yes the position cannot be changed as we do not have power windows and any placement above it will cause obstruction to open the window smoothly.

I think the best place for AMP to be is at the back of rear seat. i had first put the amp below the seat when my cousins son dropped a bottle and water got spilled all over. thankfully the amps dint get damaged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks