Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 10:43   #1
BHPian

Ice setup for Spark

Gurus;

Please help me in deciding a decent setup for spark base version less than 2 yrs old.

Specifically I am looking for suggestions in terms of
1) HU
2) Front Speakers
3) Rear Speakers and their placement

My budget would be 10K(or is it too less?)
Thanks a ton for your help.
Old 18th October 2010, 17:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey sparkguy, do go through the existing threads. Here's a related one where I recall the OP had the same budget
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...tem-spark.html
Old 18th October 2010, 18:37   #3
BHPian

I too have a spark and recently upgraded ICE. I am still using stock HU but added fronts + rears. Total cost was around 10k. There are other options as well under 10k. Try to speak with a known installer and he will let you know the combination of HU,fronts, rears. Check with diff installers too as the rate might vary.

My setup:
Stock HU
fronts kicker components
Rears Boston co-axials
Result - jhakaas
Old 29th October 2010, 16:31   #4
BHPian

I too have booked a Spark from Kropex!

As part of the dealership offer, they are giving 7000Rs worth accessories free. They have quoted the following for their music system

Sony USB HU (forgot the exact model) - 8990Rs
Front 4" - 1350Rs
Rear 4" - 2990Rs
Antenna - 650Rs

Total = 12340Rs - Discounted price - 10200Rs

If I want rear 6x9s then the price is 2990Rs for the rear speakers and 1300Rs for the wooden plank.

Does this sound reasonable? I've never owned a Sony system before and not too inclined based on reviews I've come across but the car is a city runner and so I am not going to blow up money on it unnecessarily. I need to decide on this one way or another by tomorrow. Please suggest.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mad_Max - Check the thread mentioned in greenhorn's post above, I have listed my system also in the same thread. I suggest you not to take music system from the dealer. Better go to EVO or any other reputed installer, they will be able to give you better system at reasonable price.
Old 30th October 2010, 13:44   #6
BHPian

Thanks Latheesh.

Today on my way to office I stopped by two places in Sarjapur Road.

First place - Top Cars (think thats the name of the place)

Pioneer DEH 2290 - 5700
Front Speakers 4" - 600 / set
If I want rear speakers 6x9 - 1700 / set
Plank - 300

Total cost for front 4 and rear 4 setup - 6900
Total cost for front 4 and rear 6x9 setup - 8300

Horrible customer service tho. It felt more like a veg market than an auto installation place. But loads of cars are getting their ICE done there. I counted a Scorpio, Alto, WagonR, i20 and a Swift there.

Second place was A-Z cars. The guy didn't give me a specific quote but mentioned that a Pioneer HU with USB will cost 5990 and front + rear speakers will cost 2000. Better customer service and he's doing a Spark this evening so I am going to go and watch the ICE getting done there.

So, what should I do? Do I take the ICE Setup that Kropex is offering or do I go with these guys? Any other places in Bangalore that you guys recommend?

The car guy is coming in two hours and I need to tell him one way or another!! Please help.
Old 30th October 2010, 16:55   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Gurus;

Please help me in deciding a decent setup for spark base version less than 2 yrs old.

Specifically I am looking for suggestions in terms of
1) HU
2) Front Speakers
3) Rear Speakers and their placement

My budget would be 10K(or is it too less?)
Thanks a ton for your help.
i would begin by asking - why do you need a HU? if you drive solo, have an iPod or an FM-MP3 player, get a blau amp and connect the speakers through it.

with a HU, spark would take 4" co-ax or components in the dash, rear i'm not sure if they have a stock size or placement. but i think 10-12k is a good budget to get a basic HU and 4 speakers.

do you plan to upgrade your car in future? like add an amp, a sub? then you shld begin with a better HU and components for front.. which would cost upto 15k now.. but save you money later on.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...will-work.html

more info on that!
Old 31st October 2010, 10:55   #9
BHPian

I went with saying No to the dealership offer and will be sticking in my ICE through a retailer. Is there a thread on location-wise installers with recommendations? I've searched bangalore + ICE + installer, bangalore + audio + shop but I am not getting any good results for these.
Old 1st November 2010, 14:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I went with saying No to the dealership offer and will be sticking in my ICE through a retailer. Is there a thread on location-wise installers with recommendations? I've searched bangalore + ICE + installer, bangalore + audio + shop but I am not getting any good results for these.
Bangalore - Team-BHP

pay a visit to blueraven - sathya, shop name evo.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mad_Max :- I have a pair of 4" HERTZ DCX 100 speakers for Spark which was used just for 1-2 months. I got it from TBHPian's blueraven's store EVO for Rs.1600 and its very good. You can pick it from my office in electronics city between 11-4 tomorrow. I am not trying to sell this but expecting a small contribution, that will be used for helping an old age home. If you are tight on budget you can take it for free.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

@Mad_Max: Good choice to say no to the dealer offer. IMHO you can get a lot better value for your money outside. Go for a 4 inch speakers in the dash and 6x9 coaxials in the rear. i recently bought a JVC USB Hu for 4.5K. Check it out, it sounds real nice driving my pioneer coaxials in the rear of my Ikon.

@sparkguy: I would recommend the same setup as above for you. JVC HUs imho sound better than Sony Explods.
Old 27th July 2011, 12:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ice setup for Spark

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikrantD
Hey, I read your thread abt the ice setup in Spark. Even I own a Spark and I need to replace/modify my current music system.

All through your thread, you have been talking abt Spacers...what are these? How do they help? Sorry but I am non-technical and I would love more information...

Thanks in advance
spacers are large wooden rings used when the speaker slot in the door does not quite match the size of the speaker. in your case, your fronts are on the dash, and your rears are best installed on the rear tray, so you dont have to worry about spacers.
Ok, thanks for the info...but the ones sitting in the dash distort a lot after a certain increase in the level of volume. At present I still do not have an AMP and I shud be getting one soon. Do you think this problem would be taken care of by the AMP? Do you think I should get new speakers to sit in the front? If so, could you recommend some good ones...not really expensive?? Thanks.
Continuing from PM's

Vikrant, could you please post your current setup?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks