Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2005, 10:47   #1
BHPian

Calling help in Pune...

Folks,

Sometime back I introduced the following thread on ICE.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ption-30k.html

Since then,

I have arrived in India...settling down in Pune.
Have taken yesterday delivery of a Blue Tata Safari Dicor LX 4x2.

And now the most important thing...I am looking for an excellent Audio Arrangement in the babe.

I need your help on two accounts...

1. Your advise on what confiuration to install in a Safari.
2. I do not know Pune at all. Pune based BHPians please advise which are the reliable and good places where I can get the stuff done.

Now some facts/constraints/my wish list for you to consider while designing an apt solution :-

1. My Budget - 30 K...max 40 K
2. My type of Music - (howsoever LS it may sound) - Punjabi, Indi Pop, Gazals, Kishore, Rafi and radio Mirchi :-).
3. I am an extremely 'Treble' driven guy. Without a solid treble effect, the music remains ' no music' to me. Bass too is important...but remains a second. Last time in my accent, I had 4 Pioneer Tweeters installed - two on the dash and two on the side beams near the roof...3 inches away from my ears (obviously the left tweeter of this setyone was a little farther away from me but a lot closer to the front passenger's left ear.)
4. When I am alone in the car, my preference is loud ear shattering sound.
5. But often I am with family, who preferes an absolutely 'quite' but 'clear' music.

BEG for your help...
Old 8th December 2005, 11:19   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey aroon congrats on ur purchase..so u finally choose the dicor eh..thats nice im sure steeroid and nitinbhag will give some tip on how to handle that baby..

i dont know the stock locations for the dicor..but the norm u must follow should be
1. HU prefarably with 3 preouts -7-9k..
2. component speakers at the front preferably JBL as u mentioned u need something thats bright 6k..
3. simple coaxials at the back which are to be used as fillers again from the same company that u choose the components from 5k ..
4. a good 4 channel amp for these speakers prefarably ur sony amps bcoz u like em bright -7k..
5. a 12'' sub at the rear or maybe even two in sealed enclosures - 5k..
6. a monoblock for the sub/subs- 7k..

once u tell us the stock locations and the sizes recommended by the company we could lead u with the further details..
Old 8th December 2005, 11:36   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hey aroon congrats on ur purchase..so u finally choose the dicor eh..thats nice im sure steeroid and nitinbhag will give some tip on how to handle that baby..

once u tell us the stock locations and the sizes recommended by the company we could lead u with the further details..
By stock I hope u mean 'speakers'...sorry buddy once again...as I said before - I am naive as far as music systems and their terminology goes. So if its speakers, then on front and rear doors you have provisions. Sizes - i will get back.
Old 8th December 2005, 11:45   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta
By stock I hope u mean 'speakers'...sorry buddy once again...as I said before - I am naive as far as music systems and their terminology goes. So if its speakers, then on front and rear doors you have provisions. Sizes - i will get back.
yes i meant what are the locations for the speakers provided by the company..whether u have the locations on all 4 doors if yes then are the round or oval..and what sizes are they for 5.25''/6.5''/6x9's..do u have any provisions for mounting speakers on the dash..
Old 8th December 2005, 15:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dicor EX comes with 4 speakers on the four doors (bottom) and 2 tweeters on the inside of the ORVM mounts.

These points should be available on Aroon's LX too.

The OE speakers are Blaupunkt 2-way 5 inch jobs. I've had these replaced by a pair of Blaupunkt 2-way 6-inchers in front and a pair of Boston FX5 in the rear.

Also bought a Blaupunkt ODsb 8000A subwoofer which I am yet to install. Its a nice compact sub that fits neatly behind the rear seats without taking up too much space. There was a time when I even contemplated the possibility of a roof-mounted sub-woofer...I didnt want to lose luggage space.

IMHO the rear doors dont seem to be a good 'speaker box'. It would make more sense to mount the rear speakers somewhere in the luggage area...there are plenty of hollow plastic panels there that you could gouge out to mount a speaker. Again, if you dont plan to use the rear jump seats you could remove them and put a good box in that space.

Last edited by Steeroid : 8th December 2005 at 15:25.
Old 8th December 2005, 15:22   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
yes i meant what are the locations for the speakers provided by the company..whether u have the locations on all 4 doors if yes then are the round or oval..and what sizes are they for 5.25''/6.5''/6x9's..do u have any provisions for mounting speakers on the dash..

All 4 doors - 5.25" round. This is too small but then you will have to cut the plasticwork for bigger speakers.
There is space for 1.25" tweeters behind the ORVM on the front doors.

I have a Pioneer5750mp HU and Sony speakers (stock size)- components in the front. The problem is the bass is all lost in the huge space of the Safari and am I am a bass heavy guy.
Mcclaren, I need help with a subwoofer now. Can you PM me you phone# or Yahoo/MSN/Skype IDs..

Nitin

Most Viewed