Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2005, 18:24   #1
BHPian

system for optra

hey guys,
the delivery date for my optra is coming soon and i still have not decided on my system!
well i am getting Blau setup,Bermuda MP-35 with 4 door mounted speakers,which i am going to replace with a pioneer 5750 or 4750,i was worried about the speakers,can someone please recommend me some good speakers or should i stick to the current setup(120 watt speakers)¿they are going to be mounted in the doors only,how about the pioneer 6990 speakers¿(if they fit)
should i get them exchanged them from the dealer only or should go to opera house and pick them up¿

thanks

Last edited by vandan : 14th December 2005 at 18:26.
Old 14th December 2005, 19:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

dude BUDGET ??!!! thats like the most important thing.

If im not mistaken the optra rear door speakers can only accomodate 6 inchers and the pioneer 6990 are 6 X 9 inch oval speakers so will not fit.if you wish you can cut the rear parcel tray and add the pioneers out there.im not sure which speakers come stock in the optra but if you want you could add components in the front to enhance your ICE setup.

the 5750 would be a better option than the 4750 so id say stick with that.see if you can get a discount if you tell them you dont want the speakers and head unit.if they dont give you one id say just change the head unit and listen to the speakers for a while.if you find them good keep 'em other wise go ahead and get them changed.if you just listen to music i think those speakers should do fine but if your a hardcore music fan and need chest thumping bass youll need better speakers...hope that helped

rev
Old 14th December 2005, 22:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

doors are poor boxes. that means bass suffers.

given that caeveat i would

listen to the existing system
if it satisfies you leave it alone
if it does not note why
then post here it will give us a better idea what you are looking for.
Old 15th December 2005, 00:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

WHy replace tah Blau unit? Whats speakers are they giving you? We have some tbhpians who are happy with an all Blau setup.
If the pods support 6 inch speakers try to get compos if you can ( one pair at front would do )
Old 15th December 2005, 00:47   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i suggest u to keep the stock HU that comes with the optra..it has a cassette player below which is the OE in dash 6-cd changer..it looks really cool and sets in with the look of the dash..all that i would suggest is go for the blaupunkt speakers that are being sold with the optras in europe..for more info on this pls PM our oldman rudra sen and he will be glad to help u with the setup..btw his setup happens to be one of the best sounding till date..

btw rudras config is 6.5'' components at the front,6.5'' or 5.25'' coaxials at the back,a blau tube sub and a 4 ch blau amplifier..and trust me that car rocks..in bangalore among the installs that i have come across the ones that have good SQ happen to be rudras and mine..hardly do any of the installers know whats SQ..
Old 15th December 2005, 10:27   #6
Team-BHP Support

Rudra has the benefit of years. Most non OEM systems I hear leave me wanting. not becuase of anything but the tastes of the owner. read as BOOM BOOM Tizz Tizz. Most people assume that if a system can reproduce bass well and highs well the mids should not be a problem. In reality it is just the opposite.

The human ear is very very sensitive to freq. between 200 and 5000Hz. I have enough evidence to convince me but it seems this is not enough to convince anyone else!

Get the mids right. Then try to look at the freq. extremes.

Rudra has a system very close to mine except mine is almost all Alpine (save the subs, rear tweeters and sub amp).
Old 15th December 2005, 11:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hardly do any of the installers know whats SQ..
I also don't know what is SQ. What is that BTW?
And what's to be done on my cable front?
Old 15th December 2005, 13:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Rudra Sir, welcome back to ICE. We havent seen you around here of late...
ICE systems can be divided into SQ and SPL.

SQ = Sound Quality. An SQ Install would imply the primary objective was sound quality. For people who actually enjoy their music.

SPL = Sound Pressure Loudness. Only objective here being loudness. Whether you can make out what song is playing isnt important.

I guess you are into SQ. What are your cable issues? Do you have noise? Or do your lights dim? Since 99% people use them, I guess your cables are probably BOSS, and undersized for your system. How many amps do you have? For most systems you dont need Stiffening Capacitors, only good cabling.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
if the lights are dimming on only the bass peaks then a stiffening capacitor can fill the power gap. 1F from lighting audio.

however switching to 4G power cable will improve things as well. I recd a SMS from mclrean which i forgot about in all the rush.

I think there are plenty of good cable available in Bangy. However I use standard 4G stranded cable (more than 100 strands) and i run 2 amps (a alpine 340 and a home made SS Hitachi MOSFET amp in my car and an Blaupunkt Velocity 504 and GTA 450 in my wife's car).

One thing I have learnt is that if you are runing 2 amps get a very high quality 2 ch amp for the front (like maybe the Alpine 240) and a amp that can swing volts for the rear and sub (Pio 6100). of course if you have the budget get the alpine 450.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:36   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
if the lights are dimming on only the bass peaks then a stiffening capacitor can fill the power gap. 1F from lighting audio.

however switching to 4G power cable will improve things as well. I recd a SMS from mclrean which i forgot about in all the rush.

I think there are plenty of good cable available in Bangy. However I use standard 4G stranded cable (more than 100 strands) and i run 2 amps (a alpine 340 and a home made SS Hitachi MOSFET amp in my car and an Blaupunkt Velocity 504 and GTA 450 in my wife's car).

One thing I have learnt is that if you are runing 2 amps get a very high quality 2 ch amp for the front (like maybe the Alpine 240) and a amp that can swing volts for the rear and sub (Pio 6100). of course if you have the budget get the alpine 450.
no probs abt the sms navin..heard u were busy signing off to singy..i personally feel switching to better cables will solve the issue..if not then we can get rudra a stiffening cap(which i feel wont be required)..

yikes thats a expensive solution to ur problem rudra sir (uncle suits much better)..get a alpine 450 ?? navin arent we going totally overboard ..ok i realised just now that thats what we are famous for..
Old 15th December 2005, 14:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

SQ=SOUND QUALITY...Thanks Gunbir, I know little more in life now.

Ok Audio gurus, now tell me what exactly has to be done. Navin, by any chance you are telling me to buy more amps??

Yes for all gurus to know that I'm more into music than thumping bass in my car...if that helps in your prescription.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks