Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:42   #1
BHPian

Hyundai i20 song pause

Hi all,
I just recently bought myself a Silver Hyundai i20 Sportz. Eventhough my first choice was white. Anyways, I wanted to know is there any way (probably software upgrade) to pause a song played from usb. The steering mute control just mutes the audio but the song keeps on playing. Is there any solution for it ?

If there isn't this is probably something Hyundai should upgrade in the ICE software and how do i get the attention of Hyundai people to take this small but useful facility get the light of day ?
Old 2nd December 2010, 22:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Exactly!Hyundai has overlooked such a small but significant feature.Its really very problematic!Hope hyundai brings in a firmware upgrade soon where we can pause the song playback by pressing the mute key on steering twice in quick succession!
Old 3rd December 2010, 07:57   #3
BHPian

Why twice. just once is enough. The FM keeps on playing anyways since its live time. So mute is perfect. AUX is controlled externally. Just USB & CD needs to be paused rather than muted. Pls Hyundai do this little upgrade.
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try pressing the PLAY button once while playing. Even STOP should resume from wherever you have left off.
Old 3rd December 2010, 21:55   #5
BHPian

I doubt it will be added with a future software upgrade.

BTW even my Civic does not have a pause button, but I can turn the power of, and the CD resumes from where I left it, so that's a decent off-beat solution.
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:27   #6
BHPian

For a quick workaround in the i20, press and hold the right 'mode' button for two seconds, it will switch off the system, then press the mode button again to start from where you were.
Old 3rd December 2010, 23:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
For a quick workaround in the i20, press and hold the right 'mode' button for two seconds, it will switch off the system, then press the mode button again to start from where you were.

Yea,that option is there,bit its cumbersome to keep the right button pressed whenever u want to pause the track!

One thing that they can do is make the mute button to pause when pressed when you are playing in CD or USB mode.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks