Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2005, 16:17   #1
BHPian

Alpine 9830 display - NHC?

Hey guys..I am getting a new Stereo system for my NHC pretty soon..my Accessories dealer told me Alpine 9830 is available at a good price right now on offer..I have checked reviews of the 9830,and almost 50-60% of owners complain about it's display not being fully readable during day time..
The NHC has a sloping dash,and the DIN socket is also sloping,so,the head unit will be more exposed to sunlight perhaps..should I go in for the 9830?..it's got good features,and and at a good price..but only worries about the display issue.I am going to fit in Kicker KS 5.2 components in the front and Kicker KS6.2 components in the rear..amplifier and subwoofer will follow soon after the HU+components.
Please advise me about the 9830,and if it's not a good choice,I need to know alternatives..I would prefer ONLY Alpine,not Pioneer..sound quality first priority !

sr
Old 22nd December 2005, 19:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

the 9830 is less readable than the 9833. i got both. the 9830 in a Sail and the 9833 in an Octy. the 9847 is an alternate. However it is not that unreadable and the tilt feature does help under some conditions. you could replace kicker with boston or infinity. alpine+infinity makes a combo that is commonly considered to offer good sound.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks