Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 16:03   #1
abk
BHPian

HU burgled 2nd time! Need advise on HU for Rs. 4,000

Advice sought from audio gurus: Am looking out for a low priced HU for my Santro because last night the car was broken into & the HU burgled. This is the second instance of my car ever being parked outside on the road away from my home. The first instance was a few years ago when my OHC was parked away & on that occassion it's HU was stolen! Burglars galore!
Anyway, coming to my requirements & constraints:
  • The HU that was: Kenwood KDC MP333. I was very happy with the sound quality at both the ranges - the bass & the treble.
  • Budget: Around Rs. 4,000/-
  • Required sound quality: Decent (I mean am no audiophile but enjoy music of a wide range: Classic rock to ghazals; Western classical to Sufi, blues & Bengali folk)
  • The current front speakers are the stock. No plans of changing them either.
  • Pioneer 6x9 coaxials on the rear tray. They sounded very nice with the Kenwood HU KDC MP333
  • No amplifiers or sub-woofers installed. Neither have any plans to install them in the future
  • USB connectivity necessary
  • Direct iPod / iPhone connectivity will be nice-to-have. Otherwise, I can play them via auxiliary input or FM transmitter (have it)
  • Come to think of it - ability to play CDs or for that matter even the radio (AM/FM) is optional. I will be happy to play music just off USB drive &/or connecting my portable audio devices via the aux input
  • Don't mind buying a used HU or new without bill & warranty

I have seen on the TBHP classified section Frank Mehta has his Pioneer DEH-5950IB on sale for Rs. 4,000/- Is it a reasonable buy especially from price vs depreciated value perspective?

Many thanks in advance!

Note: I posted this on Prices of HEAD UNITS thread. Guess it was not the appropriate place. Apologies for not finding the correct parking slot upfront!
Old 21st January 2011, 16:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: HU burgled 2nd time! Need advise on HU for Santro

If you are not worried about having CD as an option, but everything else, go in for JBL 333. It has card reader, USB, I guess I phone connectivity, aux in and radio.

A good buy at a very decent budget and from a good brand.
Old 21st January 2011, 16:46   #3
BHPian

Re: HU burgled 2nd time! Need advise on HU for Santro

PAGARIA More Entrainment More Fun...

Pagaria Car MP3 Player | Buy Car Audio And Accessories | Indiaplaza - No CD but cost 1100 bucks, who uses CD's anyawys.........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks