Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:45   #1
BHPian

Which DSP to go for?

i recently iced my punto and used a genesis high lo converter to retain the stock hu .the output is nice and clean with no noise . the id chameleon components that i got installed seemed very dull at first but after the burn in they are giving good music. now the ice bug is a very grave disease and the sufferer continues to strive for more and keeps emptying his pockets. when i came to know that some friend of mine will be coming from the great us of a .i decided to get myself a dsp for getting good eq and crossover settings plus ta .now with more and more cars coming with oem hu i think it will be also a one time investment( who am i kidding).
i have short listed the RF 360.2 and the jbl ms8 .
rf is cheaper has more manual controls and very compact so it can be hidden behind the dashboard quite easily .the setting of it can be done by bluetooth laptop .but no mic option.. i am novice in tuning of sound or amp.but i learn quickly ebay price 374 dollars
ms8 has more outputs ,powerful . easy to install and setup but has less manual options plus no remote out. it is bulky and will have to be installed either under passenger seat or in boot..ebay price 550 dollars.
which one should i go for.
if rf 360 is the answer should i wait as my friend is coming in march and with the launch of 360.3 the price of 360.2 may fall further
Old 24th January 2011, 09:56   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: which dsp to go for

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
i have short listed the RF 360.2 and the jbl ms8 .
if rf 360 is the answer should i wait as my friend is coming in march and with the launch of 360.3 the price of 360.2 may fall further
The only TBHPians who have hands on experience with the RF adn the MS8 are Sam Kapasi, Gunbir (these 2 for sure) and maybe B&T and LBM.

It would best to PM them. Please note that the company Sam Kapasi works for represents JBL (and hence the MS-8). I have heard the 360.2 and Alpine 650 and prefered the sound fo the 650 over the 360 which seemed a litle hiss prone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks