Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 15:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Shoddy ICE installation by Volkswagen Showroom in a VW Polo

Here's the scanned copy of the invoice for the audio install on this car,

I have blacked out some portions to maintain the owner's privacy.
Attached Thumbnails
Shoddy ICE installation by Volkswagen Showroom in a VW Polo-polo-invoice.png  

blueraven316 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:11   #17
Team-BHP Support

A 10K HU with 3K for speakers? A 50:50 split between HU and speakers would have been a better choice.
Old 22nd February 2011, 18:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

The best part is that HU is a kenwood U346 which carries a MRP of Rs 7990/- and he got charged net Rs 11,417/- plus fixing.

People's pockets get hijacked by the Car Dealer in the name of warranty and fear mongering.
Old 22nd February 2011, 19:20   #19
BHPian

what an irony that customers get fleeced by so called "dealers". But the question is are these prices regulated by the manufacturer ?
Old 22nd February 2011, 21:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
The best part is that HU is a kenwood U346 which carries a MRP of Rs 7990/- and he got charged net Rs 11,417/- plus fixing
That is illegal. They can not charge more than MRP. Customer can ask for refund of balance amount.
Old 22nd February 2011, 22:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblaze View Post
what an irony that customers get fleeced by so called "dealers". But the question is are these prices regulated by the manufacturer ?
no, I dont think VW asks their dealers to charge over MRP,
What my view is the wrong people are given dealerships because they are ready to invest into setting up a dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
That is illegal. They can not charge more than MRP. Customer can ask for refund of balance amount.
Provided the customer knows whats happening.
I am sure the dealership is selling the official product which is with B&W, hence they are not supposed to charge over MRP.

The only thing is people are too mesmerized about buying a German brand and think anything they sell is going to be ethical and customer oriented.
What we forget is the dealership running the show is still running on some scheme to scam people just like quite a lot of organisations running a Sham of a Business in the name of a Brand in India.
Why ? because in India, Consumer rights and close to nothing, and as people we can't really do anything the legal way to make any difference which can make a mass impact.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 22nd February 2011 at 22:20.
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:28   #22
BHPian

This is daylight robbery by Downtown Volkswagen ! Shame on them !

Note the so called "bill" doesnt mention anything about what type or model of HU/Speakers/ sunfilm has been installed

Probably they can escape later by claiming that the wrong HU was fitted & they have billed by mistake, etc

Thanks for bringing this crap to the notice of us all, isnt the owner planning to take action against the dealer for this cheating ?

They should be dragged to court for this, IMHO

Edit : I have shot off by mail a link of this thread to VW, for them to investigate this matter, hope this serves as a lesson for this dealer to take care in future.

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 22nd February 2011 at 23:40.
Old 23rd February 2011, 00:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

I wish Team Bhp had not set rules for bad language on the forum.
Lest my post would have been 3-4 lines of the choicest words any Indian has ever heard.
I hope the people at Downtown have to shut shop and are ejected by Volkswagen as dealers in India (a la Nummer Eins) because of this blasphemy.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Not really. That is Volkswagen India's price for the Kenwood U346 stereo along with 2 front speakers.

More often than not, ICE (and other accessories) tends to be more expensive when bought from authorised dealers.
Old 23rd February 2011, 15:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

The least VW should do is order the dealer to refund the amount for installation and replace the damaged car parts.
Old 23rd February 2011, 16:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I hope the people at Downtown have to shut shop and are ejected by Volkswagen as dealers in India (a la Nummer Eins) because of this blasphemy.
VW ejecting their dealers..that's a remote possibility.

When i was denied a TD of POLO for a longer drive(i.e beyond the 150 mt crowded road on which their showroom is located) i complained to the VW head office. The answer they gave was "it's the dealers's right to deny or give a TD. We can't force the dealer to give a TD."
Old 23rd February 2011, 16:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
Let's not jump the gun and blame VW, IMO, it's the dealer to blame, unless VW is aware of this method of installation. The accessories, if I'm correct, were installed by the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueraven316 View Post
no, I dont think VW asks their dealers to charge over MRP, What my view is the wrong people are given dealerships because they are ready to invest into setting up a dealership.

Provided the customer knows whats happening.
I am sure the dealership is selling the official product which is with B&W, hence they are not supposed to charge over MRP.
For me 'Authorized' dealer is the face of the company.

Just an e.g. All the time we give credit to Maruti or say Hyundai for their excellent A.S.S which is correct IMO. When it comes to shoddy service by their authorized dealers, we should not blame just the dealer and let the company take credit of all good things!!

If a 'Authorized' dealer not providing quality service, its the brand which needs to be blamed for not having control over their own business partner.

Last edited by HammerHead : 23rd February 2011 at 16:18.
Old 9th March 2011, 13:18   #28
BAT

I bought my polo from downtown as well & the guys there freaked me out about the warranty too. They have only 2 models of kenwood head units available which are ancient, to say the least. If you don't but the highline, the wiring(OE) harness only holds speakers in the front doors. Needless to say, these guys said that getting extra points to hold speakers in the rear door(other than at downtown) would bust my warranty, etc etc. I asked them if i could get a music system elsewhere and get it fitted at downtown & they were kinda ok with that. Picked up a philips unit with component speakers for the front & mids for the rear doors & then these chaps say that only kenwood works on VW. Told them to take a hike & went to EBbass(super chaps) the plug-in jack just needed reversing of 2 wires 7 it fit like a glove. no splicing/ dicing required. I've got a 6 speaker setup with CV sub, JBL amp, with phone bluetooth, USB, etc and it sounds sweet. Fitted plati alloys too(they said warranty might be void on this too :P)
P.S: tried delaying my delivery until I told them I was paying for the car in cash-car got sanctioned 2 days after this tele conversation & I got delivery a week later(waited for 2 months in total)
Final word: don't trust Downtown. They will con you. There are quite a few chaps doing installs on Polo's around town & doing a better job at it too.

cheers
BAT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks