Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 10:11   #1
BHPian

ICE for Maruti Eeco

Hi friends.
I'm planing on going for a eeco 5 seater AC For the VFM and want to have an ICEof the following config setup :
HU: JBL GTX-333
Amp: sony GTX-6022(2 ch.)
Sub: JBL CS1215T tube.

Bit confused on the speakers so would like some help on it also. I'm new and i don't have much knowledge on how to get a head turner in approx 22K (max).
The basic idea in my mind is to make it into an awesome music van. I listen to various genres ranging from metal to slow jazz,pop,rock,indian classical. So would like the system to be musically soothing for long drives and a head turner with some hip-hop tracks on
Is it advisable to have a Bass Tube in an Eeco looking at the fact that it has an open boot inside the cabin...??

Please help me with the wiring and also with enclosures if i may need any for the tube.. ?
It would be a great Help.
Thank You.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for Maruti Eeco

You want a head-turner, right? Tube will be the best in your budget, and JBL's tube is good. But ...

* With the tube at the back driven by the amp, you will hardly hear anything but thump thump boom boom of the sub, if the speakers are driven by HU
* Instead, buy a 4 channel amp like the JBL 644 - drive front components with 2 channels, and sub with the other 2 (bridged). Rear speakers can be on HU
* Go for JBL components in front and coax in the rear doors
* You will need to reserve some budget for cables and damping
Old 18th February 2011, 02:03   #3
BHPian

Re: ICE for Maruti Eeco

The only thing I would consider from that list is the JBL tube, it will get loud like the way you want.

Instead of a 2 channel sony, get a 4 channel amp and get some front components too unless you want to hear only the boom boom and rest of the music playing like background score.

JBL 4 (JBL-644) channel would serve your purpose well. For the components speakers BULL or JBL will fit within your budget.

Sony is not be the brand of choice for most but if you find it good for you, get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks