Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:59   #1
BHPian

ICE Set up on my Free Willy (Swift) !!..

Hey guys this has been due for a while.
Initially I wanted to revamp my ICE set up and post the pictures of my new set up but did not have a chance to re do it yet.

The present set up –

Car – Suzuki Swift VXI
Headunit – Pioneer 6900UB
Front Components – JBL GTO6508C
Rear Speakers (Mounted to rear doors) – JBL GTO6538 3-way
Amplifier 4 Channel – 1000W Panasonic CY PA4003U
Subwoofer – JBL 1100W GT512
Subwoofer Enclosure – GRP (Glass reinforced plastic) Mould for Swift - Sourced by Autoshop locally.
Cables and Wires – Scosche Kit.

What do I want to hear?
I basically wanted to separate the bass from vocals and wanted more precision from other instruments. I listen to a lot of Hip Hop and Rock (all kinds) and I wanted a set up where the hip hop sounds like it’s supposed to sound and the drum beats numb my skull.
Most importantly I wanted an audio imaging from the front cause it’s mostly self driven.

What Products?
I never really researched on what products I wanted. I wanted products that have fared pretty well and have no problems with the warranty of the car and even the products come with sufficient service network. JBL fit the bill and I was very happy because I liked the clarity of the audio too.

How does it sound?
This set up provides a good bass for may be pop or trance but not for Hip Hop or Rock. Overall It’s been good so far and not once has it sounded bad or irritating but I need more bass for my playlists and I just love the bass blow out from my songs.

Installed at –
I have installed all aftermarket accessories on all my cars at Autoshop Kormangala. I’ve never dared to venture out or experiment with other installers. But I guess for my revamp I might have to visit around.

$$ Cha-Ching $$ -
The total set up excluding the head unit costed me about Rs. 19,000.00. I brought the head unit from Dallas and it was about $259.00 in 2007.

It’s been 2 years since I installed this and now I plan to move this to the I 20.
Attached Thumbnails
ICE Set up on my Free Willy (Swift) !!..-amplifier.jpg  

ICE Set up on my Free Willy (Swift) !!..-woofer.jpg  

ICE Set up on my Free Willy (Swift) !!..-woofer-enclosure.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks