Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 13:21   #1
BHPian

kenwood KSC X7016 wiring issue and no display

hello friends,
i recently purchased a kenwood x7016 headunit with bill n warranty for 12000 inr, before taking delivery i got it checked out and it was working just fine, now when my installer tried to hook it up with my car( maruti swift 2007 old model, the one with old lights and no steering control one) it does not light up and though the cd eject function is working just fine it does not show any display, my installer connected the black, yellow red and blue wire with yellow stripes being the ground, battery, ignition and remote wire and said i dont need to attach any more wires as i have just 2 speakers and im using twin amplifier setup and will be using output through rca's and insists on getting the unit checked out again, am i doing anything wrong here or is the unit at some fault, please advise. p.s. im using wiring harness for the old model suzuki swift which initially was used for my pioneer headunit which worked just fine and i mean the car harness which connects the headunit wiring harness to the car's wiring harness
Old 27th February 2011, 15:25   #2
BHPian

Re: kenwood KSC X7016 wiring issue and no display

problem solved, mods please delete this one thanks
Old 27th February 2011, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

What was the solution ?
Old 27th February 2011, 21:56   #4
BHPian

it was supposed to go this way, yellow wire from hu harness to yellow wire from car harness( power/battery), black wire from hu harness to black wire from car harness(ground),red wire from hu harness to orange wire from car harness(ignition) we messed it up here and connected red to red, as soon as the swap happened it worked flawlessly and of course remote wire from the amps to P.CONT wire from the hu harness.
off topic:- i am happy with the head unit but i dont like the fact that this hu cant play wav files off usb, i guess i ought to have checked it out before i took the plunge, anyways i guess i will have to stick to 320 kbps mp3's for some more time, no lossless for me yet!
Old 29th March 2011, 08:46   #5
BHPian

hello friends,
sorrry to revive an old thread but i wanted to ask that whether it is possible to turn this headunit on and off by a remote? if yes then how because i cant seem to find this function, im currently pressing the source button on the headunit to turn it on and off
Old 30th March 2011, 16:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nope, not mentioned in the manual. Try holding the SRC button on the remote for more than one sec.
Old 30th March 2011, 20:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK,you cannot,i cant do it with my 6539,so this should be the same.
another bug is that i cannot FF songs with remote
not sure if this feature is present in newer models.
Old 30th March 2011, 20:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nope as others have said, its not possible to turn on this HU with remote. Source button is the only on/off button on this HU.
Old 30th March 2011, 23:00   #9
BHPian

thanks for answering dudes, no akshay u cannot fast forward or rewind songs on this one via remote, for that you have to longpress the buttons on the headunit surrounding the volume knob, i always thought this was something very basic and standard, this feature was available on my second last pioneer headunit too which was about 6 years old, kenwood can learn a few things from pioneer i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks