Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 20:01   #1
BHPian

Car Speakers (Honda Jazz)

I own a Honda Jazz. One of my car speakers (OEM) ripped off. I have no option than to buy all 4 speakers. The car has integrated audio system. My question is, would it make sense to buy better speakers or get the same OEM speakers.
Will it improve the sound quality significantly ?
Old 7th January 2011, 01:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Speakers

Ok. Before we go any further, could you shed some light on what exactly happened?

1. Did you play music really loud, at very high distortion levels, as this can rip average speakers
2. Did you play anything that is ultra low base (This happened to me once, as I accidently downloaded an ULB song on a CD, and at mid peak volume the song began. After few seconds i knew my speaker was kaput)

As for replacing. Why do you have to buy all four. If the front ones ripped off, then replace just the front. Else, my choice would be to go in for other branded speakers. You can go in for JBL's
Old 7th January 2011, 07:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Anyway you have to replace so buy better speakers and don't go for OEM speakers.
How much are they asking for a pair of OEM speakers?
Old 7th January 2011, 08:10   #4
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher - I had an accident and that broke the speakers and OEM dont sell it single. They sell all 4 from what I understand from the dealer.
@Sankar - 1500 + Tax. They seem to be cheap and are panasonic speakers

Also, wanted to know if its worthwhile investing in better speakers, without a HU complementing it. Can't change the HU as its integrated.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey mate, I don't know about the brand of speakers in a Honda Jazz but in all probability, you can get better speakers from outside by spending the same amount of money as the cost of OEM speakers. You can look at brands like Pioneer, JBL. My personal experience is that Pioneer is the best bet, especially if running without an amplifier & sub. Moreover, they are real VFM in my opinion.

Drive safe.
Old 7th January 2011, 09:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

Have seen the OE speaker of old ANHC; has posted it here too. Crap things.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Please forget abut OEM speakers and go in for new aftermarket ones. Most OEM speakers, apart from ones on luxury cars, tend to be sub standard and produce average performance

In the same cost, you will get good speakers from various brands, even JBL. You will make out the difference immediately. You dont have to change the HU.

By the way, was curious to know, you mentioned accident. How did the speaker get ripped in the process. Did the door take an impact or something? Sorry for probing, but can shed light to a lot of us
Old 7th January 2011, 14:02   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
@thedreamcatcher - I had an accident and that broke the speakers and OEM dont sell it single. They sell all 4 from what I understand from the dealer.

Also, wanted to know if its worthwhile investing in better speakers, without a HU complementing it. Can't change the HU as its integrated.

It is possible for you to connect a better co axial or a component speakers for the front door from the HU inputs, the sound quality will improve a lot... when compared to your OE speakers
Old 7th January 2011, 14:13   #9
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher - Yes I had an accident and the door got impacted as a result the speaker went off.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:20   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i find the JBL speakers to be very good indeed. got them fixed sometime ago in my Scorp- just a simple setup involving 2 oval speakers mounted on the back door and two front door mounted ones + 2 tweeters near the ORVM lever. very nice sound. good price too. around 9 grand or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey mate, I don't know about the brand of speakers in a Honda Jazz but in all probability, you can get better speakers from outside by spending the same amount of money as the cost of OEM speakers. You can look at brands like Pioneer, JBL. My personal experience is that Pioneer is the best bet, especially if running without an amplifier & sub. Moreover, they are real VFM in my opinion.

Drive safe.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:36   #11
BANNED

Honda claims that the original music system and speakers are Alpine.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Speakers (Honda Jazz)

@ Snorting Bull. Sad to hear that

Not sure if there are Reliance Autozone's in chennai, but if you do have, you can make a visit and check out the collection. You can then decide on the brand, price etc after having a good demo. They are also very professional with their work
Old 7th January 2011, 16:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

i love stock speakers of honda jazz but if you want to upgrade a bit you can go with id ctx co-ax which comes with swivel tweeters!!!
Old 13th January 2011, 16:53   #14
BHPian

@snorting bull:Where in chennai do you exactly reside.I would recommend Haute car zone OMR(before perungudi).I did all my installations there.They are very professional and you will have a wide variety of choice.Do PM me if you wish to go there,I can try getting you a good discount.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:18   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One of my car speakers (OEM) ripped off. I have no option than to buy all 4 speakers. My question is, would it make sense to buy better speakers or get the same OEM speakers.
Quote:
Is that Rs. 1500+ tax per speaker or for all 4. It is per speaker you will get far better speakers than the OEM speaker in the open market for 3000/pr. Bull Audio and JBL's GT5 series are 2 that come to mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks