Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Jazz got ICE'ed!!

Alright so finally I thought of sharing this amazing moment after upgrading the ICE in my newly bought JAZZ X. It's just been close to two weeks after getting the delivery of the car. In short, here's what I think of the JAZZ OEM system.

- First and the foremost the OEM is Alpine (Which I was not sure of but confirmed it today during the installation.)
- Frankly it's the best OEM I have heard in any of the cars in this segment or even compared to the entry level sedans.
- Pretty good sound till mid-levels but becomes a bit noisy when you try pushing it a bit loud.
- I definitely wanted to get a good set of components for this car asap. Actually I had started doing the research even before buying the car!

Now the setup :

Comps - After a lot of research on Team BHP and other forums, I decided to shortlist between the Infinity Kappa or Focal 165 Components. In terms of the price both these are almost equal but from the reviews and just the actual first hand look at the build quality would get Focal a bit more attention and thus, decided to go ahead with these..

Amp - Undoubtedly within the budget, JBL was the clear winner. Got a JBL GTO series 4 channel amp.

Now, I must say something about the installation process carried out at the Poona motors in Pune.. It was awesome! The guy doing the installation already had amazing knowledge about the OEM JAZZ system and said that the system already has a RC out and there's no need for any external kit.. With a quick twick to the system he pulled out the RC inputs from the OEM..

I preferred going with a complete new wiring from scosche. I found it pretty amazing that the kit actually involves all the cables..

It took around 4 hrs for the complete installation but the sound quality is simply awesome! I don't have all the photographs right now but here are some of them I clicked from my phone during the installation. More pics post the complete installation to follow soon!
Old 27th March 2011, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jazz got ICE'ed!!

The guys at poona motors have a lot of experience. Everytime i pass by there are always a couple of cars getting something or the other done. So not surprised the guy knew what to do.
Am not too much of a sound guy so dont know what else to say. But awaiting the pics. The ones you tried to upload dont seem to have come through.
Old 27th March 2011, 18:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
... here are some of them I clicked ...
Strangely, I am not able to see any pics. Must get my eyes checked.
Old 28th March 2011, 09:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yup, I can't see pics either.

Btw, no sub?
Old 29th March 2011, 16:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Good one mate!
The OEM HU in Jazz is very good and looks so well integrated that you really need to be brave to throw it away...
You have done a basic but a very sensible upgrade...same thing I have in my mind as well. Have you replaced the stock rear speakers as well? A good pair of co-axials should make a lot of difference and compensate for the lack of sub as well. I guess the doors can accommodate 6" speakers at best and not the 6*9" ones.
First of all, mine is a jazz Select model - so I dont have the USB port. First on my mind is to get the USB adapter and also a Bluetooth device before I upgrade the speakers.
I need pics and the price details please.
Old 29th March 2011, 17:11   #6
BHPian

@Adi, I am actually travelling most of the time this week but I'll try to put in the pics asap..

About the OEM HU, I agree that it's reasonably good except the bluetooth and some more custom EQ settings.. But yeah the looks are more than what we can ask for!

I have put in the Sub and Co-ax at the rear.. It can accommodate 6*9".

I'll PM you the price details shortly!
Old 29th March 2011, 22:55   #7
BHPian

Here are some of the pics.. I'll add more later on for post installation..
Attached Thumbnails
Jazz got ICE'ed!!-1.jpg  

Jazz got ICE'ed!!-2.jpg  

Jazz got ICE'ed!!-3.jpg  

Jazz got ICE'ed!!-4.jpg  

Jazz got ICE'ed!!-5.jpg  

Jazz got ICE'ed!!-6.jpg  

Old 25th August 2011, 22:56   #8

for whysoserious:
Can you please share the price details as well as from where you got the Focal speaker?

based on team-bhp review, Focal tend to be bright...any comment.
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:06   #9
BHPian

@whysoserious Can you confirm what make are the OEM speakers? And what size? Im upgrading the speakers and HU on my WagonR and love the OEM setup of the Jazz and i think i'll use these speakers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks