Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 18:54   #1
BHPian

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service

Royal Auto Care

My Story: I wanted to buy a crash guard for my RE Meteor, so was googling various third party RE accessories sellers in Chennai. I ended up watching a YouTube video on Royal Auto care, and was interested to visit them. Called them up to enquire about the availability of crash guard for Meteor, and the owner, Hameed, was polite and courteous enough to quickly share me all the pics of crash guards available, including the price. The price was also very reasonable, so decided to visit them, and install the guard.

Who are they and what they do?

They are a third party service providers of cars and bikes, but specialize in Royal Enfields. They also sell original RE parts,accessories, and after market accessories. For more information of what they offer, please watch the video at the end. As this is my foray into the world of RE, I was simply amazed by the amount of third party accessories available here for REs.

Where are they located?

They're located on Kundrathur Main road, where I visited. They also have a small branch in Madipakkam(Ullagaram to be precise).

Kundrathur - https://goo.gl/maps/zvr9hu1S7QLD42cA8

Google Maps doesn't have the exact location of Madipakkam, so I'm dropping link to a Track and Trail shop, as Royal Auto care is right next to it. Also, Madipakkam branch is a small shop, so I believe one can visit them for sorting small issues or buying accessories.

Madipakkam - https://goo.gl/maps/nJKxT1WGUvDd3bM9A

My experience: Everything was no non-sense. I arrived at the place, and was surprised as the place was bigger than I expected. The owner immediately recognized me as the guy who spoke on phone, and asked his guys to show the crash guards. I chose one, and two people installed it quickly. All the people working there look very similar to the guys working in our next door mechanic shops. I was little skeptical of the quality of work, blame it on the bad experiences I have, but upon few conversations itself I understood they're knowledgeable and are very polite. One guy offered me to give a walk-around of their shop. I saw the variety of third party and official accessories for various REs, and I got a chain lubrication kit and waterless wash from Vista Care. There were also many Royal Enfields getting washed and serviced. The good thing is the owner, Hameed, takes time to drive each bike that enters/leaves the service to make sure everything is fine. Though I can't speak of the quality of servicing done here as I have no data, I'm happy with the installation of crash guard. I firmly speculate even the quality of servicing would also be good, as the owner himself takes interest in each bike, and the guys working there are also knowledgeable and seem to care about the bikes. One con is the place is little far off from the city.

Some pics of the place

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-1.png

Don't be deceived by the size of the place, as it includes the entire area shown in the above pic. Below pic is just their accessories display shop.

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-2.png

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-3.png

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-4.png

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-5.png

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-6.png

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-7.png

Crash guard attached to my Meteor.

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-8.png

Wife strictly asked me to not spend an ounce other than attaching the crash guard. She even insisted that she accompany me to the place, but had some emergency meetings, so I quickly used that window and got out. How can a kid left in a candy store return empty handed, so got these for a start. Also, I haven't heard of Glosil products, so was skeptical of the quality. The owner educated that Glosil are the OEM manufacturers of RE chain sprays, and some other official RE products. He took the effort to fetch an original RE chain spray and Glosil one, and point at the manufacturing entity.

Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service-9.png

PS: Linking the video I watched. The video is in Tamil, so please excuse. Also, apart from being a customer, I have no connections to the place or their business.

Thank you for reading!

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 06:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Royal Auto Care - Royal Enfield accessories & service

I've been looking to get some LED headlamps/taillamps/indicators for my RE Electra. I think I'll drop in there one day if I go to work, it's not that far from there.

Thanks for this.
DeathPig is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks