Team-BHP - Car Painting - Mr Senthil (Teynampet, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Car Painting - Mr Senthil (Teynampet, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/93263-car-painting-mr-senthil-teynampet-chennai.html)

Type of Service: Car painting and minor tinkering works.

Contact Person: Senthil - 9884056157

I know this guy for the past 15 years and does a excellent job especially colour matching ( I still remember how he struggled to match the paint of my faded Reddish blue Zen few years back). His finish is very good but takes time especially for complete repaint.

Please check my Fiat Millecento painted by him last year.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...xperience.html

Mr Jai where is this workshop ? is this on SIET college road or near that.

Does he have heater room for painting

That is a good information there. Was looking for a guy just like him. Hope i can find him out and see for real what he is up to. Hope he has a dedicated room for painting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 2165556)
Mr Jai where is this workshop ? is this on SIET college road or near that.

Does he have heater room for painting

Yes it is near SIET college, so when you come from SIET its the right before MPL Ford Service centre. No he doesnt have a dedicated room for painting and also I have suggested him many times to put up a paint booth but anyways he does a good job and price wise he is competitive. The best part is he and his father run the whole show only with a helper to do the rubbing.

Good to know that there is skilled painter for automotive in Chennai other than A.S.S

Does he give a lacquered finish to the car as the O.E paint or something simillar to that, because I have seen repainted cars have a orange-peel finish on them, which according to me is a defective work.

@jai3033: Thanks for the info, that was really helpful. Question here, do you know if he works on minor scratch removal jobs? I can call him and enquire, but asking just in case if you are already aware of it.

I had met Mr Senthil about 2 years back. I wanted to get both bumpers tinkered and repainted on my verna.
He quoted half of what I was quoted at hyundai service. In spite of there being another verna there for repainting, I was not comfortable about leaving the car there and didnt go back to him.

A skilled painter is a big plus since his charges wouldn't include such overheads that are charged by the A.S.S. But like pras.Oct25, I wouldn't be comfortable if the in and out surroundings of the paint shop weren't convincing. The Millicento is a different ball game and he's done a good job though.

Good day!
Champion:thumbs up

I need to paint my swifts bonnet,my doggy was tied near it and he scratched it all over by jumping on to it.

any idea how much will senthil charge for it,my concern is will he do it without colour difference bec mine is white

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 2181093)
I need to paint my swifts bonnet,my doggy was tied near it and he scratched it all over by jumping on to it.

any idea how much will senthil charge for it,my concern is will he do it without colour difference bec mine is white

I guess white and black are the easy ones to colour match right? Important thing is getting it polished after its done to get the wet look back.

I think he'll charge around 2k to 3k.

Quote:

I guess white and black are the easy ones to colour match right?
Not at all. I know there are many shades of white used on different cars. I've never had a black car, but wouldn't be surprised if the same applied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 2181093)

Joshguy I have no idea on the charges but its better to show him the car and get a quote. As far as white is concerned the newly painted panel is always brighter so its better to polish the whole car to give it a uniform look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pras.oct25 (Post 2181176)
I guess white and black are the easy ones to colour match right? Important thing is getting it polished after its done to get the wet look back.

I think he'll charge around 2k to 3k.

if its going to be 3k then i can very well goto MASS,they charge 3200.

Let me check

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jai3033 (Post 2165418)
and does a excellent job especially colour matching ( I still remember how he struggled to match the paint of my faded Reddish blue Zen few years back).

Like Mr.Jai has mentioned, all colors fade, it does not matter if its white or black or some exotic color, it still fades and it will be different from the original shade. It is a skill usually exhibited only experienced and good painters. Though it might be a little easier with white and black, they still have to be matched!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 2182492)
if its going to be 3k then i can very well goto MASS,they charge 3200.

Let me check

Anything between 1000 to 1500 max. nothing more. :)