Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:09   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Maxximo Mini-Van launched @ Rs. 3.2 lacs

1. this may be more appropriate in the car modification forum but here goes.

It already uses diesel as fuel. And i think youd be better off looking at another vehicle for conversion. This is a small vehicle. Will not likely handle more of a load and a higher speed.

The Traveller is usually seen done up in RV style. you could look at the winger perhaps?
Old 26th August 2011, 16:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

With the Maxximo Mini van launched, the next launch (clone) has to be a Tata Venture competitor aka hard top van version. The minivan soft top can pass off with all its minusses such has noisy cabin, cheap interiors etc but the real competitor to Venture/ Omni should be many notches higher in these aspects.

Especially with the good looks of the Venture, it would be interesting to see what would be the next move from M&M. Also Venture has a retuned Indica 1.4l engine which is more refined than a 2 pot. Which engine does M&M have on duty for such a vehicle?? It is good to see more competition in the mini van space for both soft and hard tops but M&M must up the game with a good proposition.
Old 26th August 2011, 20:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
With the Maxximo Mini van launched, the next launch (clone) has to be a Tata Venture competitor aka hard top van version. The minivan soft top can pass off with all its minusses such has noisy cabin, cheap interiors etc but the real competitor to Venture/ Omni should be many notches higher in these aspects.

Especially with the good looks of the Venture, it would be interesting to see what would be the next move from M&M. Also Venture has a retuned Indica 1.4l engine which is more refined than a 2 pot. Which engine does M&M have on duty for such a vehicle?? It is good to see more competition in the mini van space for both soft and hard tops but M&M must up the game with a good proposition.
Wheelbase of MAXXIMO is shorter than ACE, dont know what impact it has for the target audience.

MAXXIMO looks attactive and has better interiors, but ACE is a super hit already.The only plus for MAXXIMO being its Torque figures.

At the most it can beat OMNI, but again u get OMNI CNG for much cheaper price isnt it?

MAXXIMO with a slightly longer wheelbase and better interiors and with upcoming MINI XYLO Engine (Logans engine minus 1 cyldr ) can be a good competitor for EECO, i dont see Venture making a dent in market anyways.

Last edited by silverado : 26th August 2011 at 20:16.
Old 27th August 2011, 08:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimani View Post
I would like to convert this maxximo into a camper /RV motor home i want to know whether i can fit an AC unit to this vehicle. my requirements are simple
1. more no of passengers
2. diesel fuel
3. average speed of 70 kmph
4. AC optional

I don't know if there's better place to ask this question. mod's please help.
You surely can go for the MAXXIMO to convert into a Camper. My suggestion is you go for the truck and then dump the loading bay to construct your CAMPER. AC should not be a problem since you can run a generator/slave engine for power requirements.

Its one hell-of-a-way to beat the high hotel tarrifs and see the country at your convenience
TheARUN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2011, 21:30   #35
BHPian

A short test drive of Maxximo van

I have started a new thread on the test drive of the maxximo.

Last edited by KMohanan : 27th August 2011 at 21:50. Reason: made as a new thread
Old 27th August 2011, 22:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimani View Post
I would like to convert this maxximo into a camper /RV motor home i want to know whether i can fit an AC unit to this vehicle. my requirements are simple
1. more no of passengers
2. diesel fuel
3. average speed of 70 kmph
4. AC optional

I don't know if there's better place to ask this question. mod's please help.
I had a discussion on fitting an AC in the Maxximo with the mahindra office. They told that : (1) there is no AC variant available from the manufacturer (2) Fitment of an AC by third party is not practical in view of the space available in the engine compartment etc. They told it is 'almost' impossible. (3) If you fit an AC by third party, the manufacturer warranty on the engine will be void.
KMohanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 17:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra launched the Maxximo Mini Van VX version with added safety feature.
Mahindra Maxximo Mini-Van launched @ Rs. 3.2 lacs-max.jpg
picture and details from Mahindra Rise site.
Mahindra innovates to ensure safety during transportation for school kids
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., a part of the US $ 16.7 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of SafeEye, a path breaking innovative solution in School Bus Safety in the small vans category. The technology solution will be fitted into Mahindra’s Maxximo Mini Van VX School Bus to transform school bus safety by setting a new benchmark. The SafeEye will thus transform the current Maxximo Mini Van VX from a very safe and comfortable school transport vehicle, to a best-in-class 360 degree safe school transport solution.
The Maxximo Mini Van VX School Bus with SafeEye is competitively priced at Rs. 4.37 lac (BS4 variant ex showroom Mumbai) without Live Streaming and Rs. 4.88 lac (BS4 variant ex showroom Mumbai) with Live Streaming.

SafetyEye helps in Locating & Speed Tracking Notification:
Parents and School Administrators can track the location and speed of the vehicle as well as the driving patterns of drivers to control rash driving
Parents get sms alerts when the vehicle is about to reach the student’s home as well as when it reaches the school. Similarly, the Principal / School administration will get a message when the vehicle has left school and crossed defined points en route
Parents and Principals / School Administrators can track the location of the School Bus in real time on a GPRS Map with the help of a mobile app on their Android Phone or PC
Principals get a message whenever there is any rash driving, unusual braking patterns, etc.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st February 2014 at 17:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks