Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 18:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Optare Solo spotted in India

Well, I see similar buses in UK everyday by Optare and they have NO A/C, just piping inside the bus with heating units all around, but No A/C.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Well, I see similar buses in UK everyday by Optare and they have NO A/C, just piping inside the bus with heating units all around, but No A/C.
I have travelled frequently in London on Optares and they are rather funny to look at and do not have any particular USP over the Volvos, Benz Citaros and the lot..my 2 cents.
Old 28th November 2011, 16:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
But IMHO the design could have been bettered by having a shorter wheelbase. That would be much more maneuverable too (I think). Making the roof straight would also make it look better. I really don't understand why they didn't go with a shorter wheelbase like this bus :

Attachment 844463
I don't think a shorter wheel base would really be appropriate for India. Given all the unscientific speedbreakers and the craters, such a bus would have it's nose banged very frequently.

With the design the Volvos have, they barely manage to clear the speedbreakers : be it the nose or the rear on it's way out of the speedbreaker.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 16:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't think a shorter wheel base would really be appropriate for India. Given all the unscientific speedbreakers and the craters, such a bus would have it's nose banged very frequently.

With the design the Volvos have, they barely manage to clear the speedbreakers : be it the nose or the rear on it's way out of the speedbreaker.
Well, with a long wheelbase they'll get the under-body between the wheels damaged na?
Old 28th November 2011, 19:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Maybe this bus is targetted at intercity use. This could serve as a competition for volvos, Mercs and soon to be launched MAN, AL,Tata and AMW buses.
Old 5th December 2011, 16:57   #21
BHPian

Optare has competition already in place from Karur guys. All these buses were built by Maaruti Coach, Karur. Spotted these curvey profile buses recently and more and more pvt operators are putting in such buses in Pollachi, Coimbatore, Palani and Madurai areas.

Optare Solo spotted in India-dsc05891.jpg

Optare Solo spotted in India-dsc_0116.jpg

Optare Solo spotted in India-dsc06681.jpg
Old 5th December 2011, 19:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Optare has competition already in place from Karur guys. All these buses were built by Maaruti Coach, Karur. Spotted these curvey profile buses recently and more and more pvt operators are putting in such buses in Pollachi, Coimbatore, Palani and Madurai areas.

Attachment 852414

Attachment 852415

Attachment 852416
They only look like the Optare. Both buses fall in totally different segments. And the build quality would definitely be in Optare's favor too.
Old 5th December 2011, 19:18   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
They only look like the Optare. Both buses fall in totally different segments. And the build quality would definitely be in Optare's favor too.
Hey Dhandapanik meant as a competition in a lighter note!
Nothing much to worry.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 19:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd

Don't take it serious. I meant that in a lighter note. These are copy cats and they can't compete with them in build quality and many other aspects.
dhandapanik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 13:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Don't take it serious. I meant that in a lighter note. These are copy cats and they can't compete with them in build quality and many other aspects.
Copy cats they may be but there must be some serious attention being given to these Optare buses, in order for them to be imitated.

Much like we have 'imitation' Volvos.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Quote:
Well, with a long wheelbase they'll get the under-body between the wheels damaged na?
Well, as I said in the initial post, the driver of this Optare Solo was negotiating the crater-like bumps and potholes using the same nick and knacks that I follow in my Civic. With its existing ground clearance and wheelbase, this will hit most, if not all, speed-breakers that adorn our city roads.
Quote:
On my God! Being in Tamil Nadu, I have never seen these buses. By the way, I am glad that I didn't because these buses look very very funny. Atleast the Optare Solo had an integrated air-conditioning unit in that hump. What do these buses have?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks