Team-BHP - Volvo launches 9400px - 14.5m coach
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Volvo launches 9400px - 14.5m coach (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/113346-volvo-launches-9400px-14-5m-coach.html)

India’s First Multi-axle coach at 14.5m and with steered axle

Luxury Coaches have a new Standard with the Volvo 9400PX
Just when one would wonder what more can be achieved in luxury, travel comfort, safety & transport economy in coaches, here is the answer – the Volvo 9400PX. It is longer, more spacious, more high-performing and comes with a host of new features to make travel even more comfortable. At 14.5m the Volvo 9400PX is the longest intercity coach yet in India. Step inside the coach and discover the finest of interiors with the most luxurious environment.

The Volvo 9400PX is built on the new light-weight Volvo PX platform, which provides even better grade ability and acceleration as well as enhanced stability & larger luggage space. The new coach also packs a performance like never before with the new Volvo 11-litre engine with 370hp. A key feature is the steerable tag-axle for better road handling and manoeuvrability.

Another key feature of the Volvo 9400PX is the Volvo I-Shift gearbox. This automatic gear changing system provides high drive & ride comfort, better fuel economy and offers high braking power of 400 to 600 kW.

The Volvo 9400PX spacious interiors offer a range of opportunities for customers to incorporate a range of passenger conveniences from pantry, toilets, VOD and a range of other features – for smooth long-distance travel.

The bus offer an all-new dimension of comfort in road travel from the most well-built bus as you glide on for miles. It is a coach in its own class and an inspiration to travel, like never before.

Volvo 9400PX has the unique distinction of being a global introduction, starting from India. The first product of its type in the Volvo Product range too.

Major engine spec:

Engine – Volvo D11A 370, 11 litre
Power - 273 kW(370hp)@ 1400 - 1950 rpm
Torque -1770Nm @ 1000 – 1300 rpm
I-shift AMT as standard

Volvo launches 9400px - 14.5m coach-th30_volvo__878089f.jpg

Volvo launches 9400px - 14.5m coach-volvobus_main_2_560x420.jpg

Source:

Torque -1770Nm @ 1000 – 1300 rpm :eek:

Great to see a new product launched first in India. Any idea the difference between this and B9R ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2627090)
Any idea the difference between this and B9R ?

The steered rear axle mentioned above?

fantastic! finally volvo heard my wish. lol: The first time I saw the I-Drive in Europe(test vehicle) and the videos of it, I was simply awestruck! finally its nice to see the world launch starting with india which shows the commitment volvo has for the indian market. but I am very vary of this bus, hope it doesnt end up like a flower in the monkey's hand:deadhorse when in hands of our "highly skilled" "safe" Indian drivers. I am not blaming all the drivers as a whole but most of the heros are ultimately driving volvos with a motto "pedal to metal".
AshLey sir, is the toilet and refreshment amenities offered as standard or optional? I dont see any such details in the link provided nor in volvo india site, hence the question.
But I guess the Luxuria/ Luxury coach will be benefitted by this bus, had volvo introduced them earlier. But still they can replace their 9400XL with PX and charge the same.

Very nice to hear that VOLVO is launching New coach 9400PX. Hope this bus will give more comfort clap:to passengers. Hope to see I Shift buses also at the earlest. Wishing VOLVO in coming days bright future :thumbs up

Good addition to the Volvo stable.

Just hope, drivers of various operators use it sensibly.

A 28 hour journey from Bangalore to A'bad has already been initiated; guess Volvo aims to capture the potential of these really long-distance routes by introducing buses with toilets and pantry.

Boy, has Volvo changed the way we travel or what!

B7R has 7 Litre engine. B9R has 9 litre engine. This one has 11 Litre engine. Is this the B11R?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anb (Post 2627191)
B7R has 7 Litre engine. B9R has 9 litre engine. This one has 11 Litre engine. Is this the B11R?

B7R is the inter-city Volvo; B9R is the multi-axle inter-city Volvo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2627011)
offers high braking power of 400 to 600 kW.

What does this mean ?
Is this the amount of engine braking the gearbox can offer ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalsa777 (Post 2627276)
What does this mean ?
Is this the amount of engine braking the gearbox can offer ?

This speaks about the braking torqe as this GB couples with retarder!

Great introduction for Indian roads. But I'm apprehensive about how the transport sector drivers will take to the Auto Transmission. Have seen the drivers in DTC and here in Hyderabad not very friendly with the GB.

BTW isn't the engine spec different between the B9R and this 9400PX even though the engine output (370HP) seems to be same.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 2627296)
Great introduction for Indian roads. But I'm apprehensive about how the transport sector drivers will take to the Auto Transmission. Have seen the drivers in DTC and here in Hyderabad not very friendly with the GB.

BTW isn't the engine spec different between the B9R and this 9400PX even though the engine output (370HP) seems to be same.

Cheers

I dont think it would be same in the international market but for the "kitna deta hain" janta, they must have detuned the 11 litre monster. Even the Merc,which sports a 12 litre O series engine, internationally has 500+ hp where the same engine in india avatar produces just 355 something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2627200)
B7R is the inter-city Volvo; B9R is the multi-axle inter-city Volvo.

Of course it is.
B7R comes with 6 cylinder, 7 litre D7E engine producing 290 hp.
specifications - Volvo 9400 intercity bus : Volvo Buses
B9R comes with 6 cylinder, 9.4 Litre D9B engine producing 340 hp
specifications - Volvo 9400 mutli-axle intercity coach : Volvo Buses
B12R comes with 12.1 Litre engine
what do the '7' in the B7R and '9' in the B9R and '12' in the B12R indicate?
Will this 14.5 metre bus be called as B11R since it has a 11 Litre engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2627173)
Volvo aims to capture the potential of really long-distance routes by introducing buses with toilets and pantry.

I would really prefer a pantry than a toilet in a bus or heck maybe couple of seats extra.

IMHO i dont think the average indian Joe is matured enough to use a toilet in a bus / train. I have seen people shave beards, heck even take bath in trains and also do not have the basic courtesy to flush after using the toilet. The toilets are strictly for call of nature only and i do not support the usage of train toilets for Shaving/taking bath.

Thanks for this !

Chemical toilets in buses have never been comfortable to use ,unlike aircrafts or trains .Also ,the additional cost of maintainance would be passed on to travellers . Long distance travel of more than 15hours in a bus would be my last option if there is no other mode of transport available .

Volvo I-Shift is a 12-speed manual gearbox with an automated gearchanging system.

Source :I-Shift - I-Shift : Volvo Buses

And yes,Volvo has taken the lead in redefining intercity road travel .If it wasnt for Volvo ,we would have still been stuck with ALL or TATA truck chassis' and SUTLEJ bus bodies

I just hope Volvo does have safety features like seat belts ,ABS ,additional full size exit door on all models without giving any option for operators .

BTW ,can anyone tell more on how would this new steering system benefit . And how much of a cost difference exists between the current B9R and this model .