Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 17:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate Night Service Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
...these buses are the most dangerous vehicles on Indian highways. They do not dim lights. They overtake rashly. They drive at excessive speeds. They do not respect lane discipline.
Can't agree with you more! Many of the drivers care a hoot for the other motorists' safety. About headlights, I am yet to see a KaSRTC Airavat driver switch off the lights when they stop at pick-up points and while the passengers are getting inside bus. The private operators' drivers are hardly any different. I'm talking about city areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
I meant, as the travel time itself is only 12 hrs max, driver will have atleast 8 hrs to rest.
If the journey takes 12hrs one way, and the same driver has to drive back on a day service, then I doubt if he can take rest. That's the condition I was referring to.
Old 6th February 2012, 11:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Which operator you are speaking about?
I am not aware of such timing - returning back in 4 hours.
normally from Hosur it takes ~ 10 hours - you can add another 2 hours from Blore.
It's KPN. The Bus starts from Bangalore at 10.30PM and reach Kodai by around 10 AM. Then start back to Bangalore at around 6 PM.4 hours is the time I meant to say their sleeping time in between the break.
I frequently take this bus to get down at my native - Dharapuram. So at times I interact with driver to get some details of their timings.
During land slides between palani and Kodai, their job is still worse.

Last edited by BulZire : 6th February 2012 at 11:31.
Old 6th February 2012, 16:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
It's KPN. The Bus starts from Bangalore at 10.30PM and reach Kodai by around 10 AM. Then start back to Bangalore at around 6 PM.4 hours is the time I meant to say their sleeping time in between the break.
I frequently take this bus to get down at my native - Dharapuram. So at times I interact with driver to get some details of their timings.
During land slides between palani and Kodai, their job is still worse.
Is'nt this bus starts at around 9PM from Blore.I used to take this bus from Hosur to Palani.

During landslides they run Via Batlagundu and this increses the travel distance by some 80kms.

Now Parveen is also running between Blore - Kodai. But occupancy levels are always less
Old 6th February 2012, 18:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Is'nt this bus starts at around 9PM from Blore.I used to take this bus from Hosur to Palani.

During landslides they run Via Batlagundu and this increses the travel distance by some 80kms.

Now Parveen is also running between Blore - Kodai. But occupancy levels are always less
It Starts at 9.30 from Wilson Garden, I use to board in it at Bommanahalli around 10.30.
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 19:09   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

let me Put in My experience as well for himachal roadways . A little contribution from North as well.

I usually travel from ISBT Delhi to my Native in himachal pradesh and total distance is 560 KM;s One way . takes 10-11 hours in normal TATA bus ( 42 seat ) depending on the traffic .Route is DEL-CHD-Ropar- nangal dam-Una-hamirpur.

Till nangal dam / UNA , the route is plain With no hill areas driving. Upon reaching Una , All the HRTC buses Undergo a Mandatory Driver change ( conductor stays same for whole route ) and vice versa. from what ever I have seen in past 10 years of my night journeys , i have never seen any driver Smoking inside The bus to stay awake. They do chew tobacco / Pan Masala But no smoking. As for sleeping goes, never seen that happened so far. they are attentive 100 % as they usually get days rest after a trip . moreover in between trip also, HRTC has a guest house arranged at destination, where drivers / conductor takes rest for whole day. This is for normal buses . Never got the chance to travel in volvo / Isuzu buses as they don; t ply on my frequently traveled route .

This weekend , traveled by Haryana Roadways . driver was attentive though out the journey but i found his driving dangerous. He was cutting through the traffic in zig zag manner without taking the foot off the accelerator .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks