Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 14:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2

Experience?
have you felt that there was a higher room.
I always thought its mostly same.
I wished it should have been slightly bigger and so that the same shell can be later on used for diesel. Diesel auto's for sure its used as a Share auto in many places and having more space will be a USP. Largest selling Ape's has very bad suspension and vibration issues, people prefer that as there is no alternative.

With diesel heart for King is still under development(they might source from China), we may wait to see how the shell is changed/ or the same.
My experience only from the point of view of a passenger. Can't quote any dimensions, just felt so while taking a ride in kolkata. My be its just because of the changed surrounding as compared to bajaj.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Detailed comparison of the 'Indian Rickshaws'!

A pimped up Rick - Ganapatipule - Maharashtra
Ricks with Fiber tops are common in the Ratnagiri - Kolhapur belt.

Detailed comparison of the 'Indian Rickshaws'!-rick.jpg
Old 8th February 2012, 14:16   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
One from my native, these Lamby Rickshaw's are rather were very popular in the early 80's, you can still see a lot of them around...
These used to be the only type of autos in CBE during the 80s. They were not comfortable, moved slowly and had headlights which were pathetically aweful. During the nights, the headlights just served the purpose of indicating the presence of the auto to oncoming vehicles : the beam was too weak to illuminate any portion of the road ahead.

These were probably the only type of autos to have the following combo : front-engine, rear-wheel drive with solid rear axle and leaf-springs.

Whenever we used to visit Chennai then, it was an awesome pleasure to travel in the Bajaj Autos. They were relatively much better to travel in (independent rear suspension), had a smoother/silent engine, and could move fast.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 8th February 2012 at 14:18.
Old 8th February 2012, 19:09   #34
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
These used to be the only type of autos in CBE during the 80s. They were not comfortable, moved slowly and had headlights which were pathetically aweful.
These were probably the only type of autos to have the following combo : front-engine, rear-wheel drive with solid rear axle and leaf-springs.
Whenever we used to visit Chennai then, it was an awesome pleasure to travel in the Bajaj Autos. They were relatively much better to travel in (independent rear suspension), had a smoother/silent engine, and could move fast.
Those were lamberatta. It was too slow. The reason of poor condition of Autorickshaws in Coimbatore belt was due to good network of government and private buses. Their business was less even now if compared with Kerala or Chennai. It was the same case in Tiruchy also.

Chennai always had Bajaj and known for skilled driving. They have their OVRM's placed inside the vehicle which is not a good practive and cannot locate the rear vehicles in advance to make a right or left turn. Have escalated to the Traffic department, but no action taken till now.
Old 8th February 2012, 20:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

@Bluethunder:
I am native of Pollachi and still you can see some Lamby there.
In fact they are one of the areas in TN afaik, where they are still there.
They use a mixture of Petrol and diesel(at times kerosene also) to run, if not their mileage is very bad and so are not viable to run.
This is the reason they have thick smoke emitting always (I love the smell actually ).

In fact how many/much you load(single or fully loaded) also they never cross 20kmph mark:-)

Detailed comparison of the 'Indian Rickshaws'!-p310112_17.16.jpg

Last edited by Ashley2 : 8th February 2012 at 20:44.
Old 31st July 2012, 22:23   #36
BHPian

Hi,

Anyone has a take on Atul auto? The com is posting very good growth in sales offlate and is expanding outside its stronghold - Gujarat and Rajasthan. Is the product superior to others in terms of mileage, maintenance etc?

Cheers

Vindy
Old 11th August 2012, 14:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

Anyone has a take on Atul auto? The com is posting very good growth in sales offlate and is expanding outside its stronghold - Gujarat and Rajasthan. Is the product superior to others in terms of mileage, maintenance etc?
One of my distant relative runs a Small Mineral water business in Baroda - gujrat.

He has 3 ATUL Shakti 3W with him.
I questioned him why not Bajaj GC1000, and he mentioned that they were expensive to maintain and unreliable.

I saw his Bajaj GC1000 in dumps in his backyard.
According to him loading bay in ATUL was wide and vehicles were simple and robust to use.

Also they cost 1.80L IIRC
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks