Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 02:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India

Seen a lot of new BharatBenz dumpers near my place since a major project is underway in the old ITC factory compund.

Got a chance to tail one of them today. The power is something since I got a chance to spot an old TATA 2516c and one of these both loaded on a slight climb. The Bharatbenz overtook the Tata like it was standstill.

They are sold by Trident Trucking from the sticker behind. The same tag line as their Hyundai dealerships.
Attached Thumbnails
BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India-img619.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 19:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these BharatBenz trucks transported to their destination for sale. Was surprised that these were not driven down but put on a carriage and transported. Must be a first in this segment!

Sorry for the poor pics taken by my 2MP phone.
Attached Thumbnails
BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India-18042012001.jpg  

BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India-18042012.jpg  

girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 09:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
... Must be a first in this segment! .
AL is doing this for quite some time. Infact now more than 80% of trucks / buses are transported in truck carriers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ml#post2181137

Tata started this practice but has reduced the same. It may start again in due course.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ml#post2150864
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 09:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the BharatBenz 3723,
Attached Thumbnails
BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India-img_20160717_120813.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 19:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
Now it has to be seen whether they cut too many corners to achieve this pricing. Then it is just going to be like another tata-al truck. I hope that the mechanicals are superior, and the reliability is better as compared to tata-al.
The mechanicals are indeed superior compared to AshLey [Ashok Leyland], hence the intervals between two services are longer. They have done one time investment on the plant in Oragadam Chennai. They posses all the technology they need from Daimler AG [Germany] and hence need not spend afresh on R & D. Hence, the competitive pricing with the promise of better reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Good luck to BharatBenz. Finally Tata / AL have someone to compete with who seems to be ready for India considering the localisation numbers in engineers as well as their machines and the long time spent on studying and tuning to Indian conditions. Hope the trucker is the winner finally.
Bharat Benz [DICV] are already No.3 in the Commercial Vehicle segment in India. They are aiming to be No. 1 in half a dozen years from now. The Germans mean business here and this shows, for, they are even exporting trucks from Oragadam plant to the growing African market under the brand of FUSO trucks.

Last edited by WAM-4 : 18th November 2016 at 19:10. Reason: Missed out on a word in a sentence
WAM-4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 15:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Spotted one of these last Saturday near HSR Layout.

Looks nice on the roads actually. Plain and simple. Wondering when this will have the various livery on these.
They will have Yellow livery only. For tipper trucks the norm is the Cab should be in Yellow livery. Bharat Benz adheres to this. However, I'm not sure if other brands adhere to it or if the individual owners repaint the cabs.
Old 24th January 2017, 19:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
They will have Yellow livery only. For tipper trucks the norm is the Cab should be in Yellow livery. Bharat Benz adheres to this. However, I'm not sure if other brands adhere to it or if the individual owners repaint the cabs.
Currently there is no norm for Tippers. Its only manufacturers choice.

Quote:
The mechanicals are indeed superior compared to AshLey [Ashok Leyland], hence the intervals between two services are longer. They have done one time investment on the plant in Oragadam Chennai. They posses all the technology they need from Daimler AG [Germany] and hence need not spend afresh on R & D. Hence, the competitive pricing with the promise of better reliability

Bharat Benz [DICV] are already No.3 in the Commercial Vehicle segment in India. They are aiming to be No. 1 in half a dozen years from now. The Germans mean business here and this shows, for, they are even exporting trucks from Oragadam plant to the growing African market under the brand of FUSO trucks.
The info that DICV is no.3 in commercial vehicle segment isn't right. Tata, Ashok Leyland, Eicher are in the order. Bharat Benz sales is almost stagnant for an year at around 800-900 numbers (max).

Quote:
They posses all the technology they need from Daimler AG [Germany] and hence need not spend afresh on R & D. Hence, the competitive pricing with the promise of better reliability
But why is Mercedes Benz CV division is struggling, did Daimler haven't given technology? Trucks are now completely phased out, wrt coach, Wright bus their body partner have already exited. The sold coaches were leaking in rain, Customer's are reluctant to buy Mercedes Coach.

Last edited by GTO : 26th January 2017 at 16:31. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 27th January 2017, 22:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

This is how Daimler is playing dual role.

Few days back, Bharat Benz has released a video wishing for republic day to its Customers.

Link

But in the year, 2012 Daimler in its Annual report, which was published globally, have criticised India saying trucks need to share roads with cattle.

Just wanted to know whether they have any special feature in their trucks to manage cattle's on road. If Kangaroo can cross roads in Australia, and horses in America, why not cattles's in India.

BharatBenz launches three Heavy-Duty Trucks in India-img20170125wa0029.jpg

Shame on Daimler on its Dual stands.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 27th January 2017 at 22:23.
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 22:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Shame on Daimler on its Dual stands.
Wasn't this the same case with Volvo as well, when they claimed to be building buses on True Bus Chassis and our Indian CV makers were simply building bodies on Truck chassis? They themselves were selling the conventional body on frame buses elsewhere!

Last edited by silversteed : 27th January 2017 at 22:46.
Old 28th January 2017, 06:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
But in the year, 2012 Daimler in its Annual report, which was published globally, have criticised India saying trucks need to share roads with cattle.
Stating a fact is shameful? Why should India be immune from criticism.

What do we need? Painful truth or comforting lies.
ecenandu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 17:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Stating a fact is shameful? Why should India be immune from criticism.

What do we need? Painful truth or comforting lies.
Had it been an honest criticism, it would not have sounded bad.

Daimler had/have this haughtiness associated with their brands in India and this reflects in the way they portray Indian conditions. The bone of contention is, in this example, it gives a feeling that most if not all Indian highways are infested with cattle and their trucks have to be designed for that, while forgetting the fact that their own trucks and buses in their home turf, Germany and other nations in Europe, South American countries like Brazil, take into account the the chance encounter with other animals, including moose, deer etc.

Hypocrisy is what gets my goat here.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 20:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Had it been an honest criticism, it would not have sounded bad.

Hypocrisy or not, we cannot change other people's perception about India, right.

Atleast in Europe, they don't freely graze on the highway right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Animals Vs Vehicle.

I had my share with animals while driving/riding.

Incident 3 : CBR 250 Vs Calf

I was going to my brother's home after office hours via Chennai - Tambaram by pass. I was a bit reckless on bike then, I was about to overtake a bus in the middle lane. I was doing 85 Kmph and accelerating.

I just glanced at the median, there were cattle grazing there. I was like, guys don't cross the road now. Then as if this calf hear my thought, decided to jump right in front of me. I looked for the gap between the calf on my right and the bus on the left, braked hard, ABS kicked. My right handle hit the calf, on the face I believe. After getting hit it returned back to the median.

I have to swerve here, other wise you know what would have happened..

My little finger got swollen and as I was convinced that I got a fracture, I pulled over to a small lab to take X-ray. I felt quite dizzy, drank some water and left that place without taking X-ray. Went to Miot hospital and what happened there was quite funny, I will save rest of what happened there for another post.
For me atleast, 10/10 times, I will be happy to be confronted with painful truth than comforting lies.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 21:13   #43
BHPian

Hi,
Any feedback on bharat benz 1617r ? Any owners here?
I have been told that the maintenance costs are high? Is it true?
I am planing to add 1617 to my fleet.i basically need the highest payload truck with a 2 axle 6 wheel.
Gk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks