Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 17:33   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Force Motors launches the new Traveller-26 in Rajasthan

A monocoque chasis
Anybody aware, what are the specifications for this bus and possible price for this bus. IMO, it Will be a hit with tour operators.

Quote:
JAIPUR: Pune based automative company Force Motors BSE 1.44 % today launched its new 26-seater Monocoque panel van here.

"It is the world's first 26-seater monocoque panel van loaded with several new features in mid bus segment," NK Rattan, COO Sales and Marketing, told reporters.

He said that Dual Mass Fly Wheel technology has been used for the first time on an LCV in the country which absorbs low end vibrations and ensures smooth ride even at low speeds.

Another official of the company said the company targets to sell 1000 units of the vehicle from October 2012 to March 2013 and 4500 units of the vehicle in next fiscal year in the country.

He also informed that the company currently has a network of 173 dealers and 46 authorised service centres, which the company plans to raise to 223 and 65 respectively.
Source : - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/17033897.cms

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 31st October 2012 at 17:38.
.sushilkumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 21:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Force Motors launches the new Traveller-26 in Rajasthan

The DMF is now getting popular! Also, interesting to note that its a world's first 26 seater monocoque van!

What engine does this use?
Old 31st October 2012, 22:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

This was launched on October 16, 2012 at Pune and I had seen this vehicle two days back near Kochi and was quickly noticeable only due to the increased length. Everything else was similar to the common Traveler. I saw this taking a right turn while I was waiting to turn at an intersection and seemed to be not confidence inspiring as the body roll was prominently visible. I wondered about its engine and later found that it is the same 2149cc 4cylinder, CRDI, VGT developing 129 PS at 3800 rpm. and BSIII compliant which powers optionally the normal Traveller range where a BS IV compliant is also available.

The Traveller range is classified by the wheel base like Traveller 3050, 3350, 3700 and now the 26 seater 4020.

Notice the difference in dimensions as under,
Overall length - 6770 / 4935 mm
Wheel base - 4020 / 3050 mm
Width - 2225 / 1975 mm
source: Force Motors website.

Last edited by rajeev k : 31st October 2012 at 22:38.
Old 1st November 2012, 00:53   #4
BHPian

Earlier at the Auto Expo this year, Mr. Prasan Firodia was having a chat with some media people on the media day. Immediately after he got free, me & my friend approached him to ask him about plans for the Traveller.
He took extreme pride in himself explaining the Monocoque traveller and also the Hybrid Travller.

While we were being shown the Monocoque model, 2 senior members from SRS Travels (Bangalore) were assessing the model. And their initial response was that its good. But they were really wanting to know how different it would be in terms of servicing and maintenance.
Regarding the Hybrid model, he said "This one here is a functional vehicle. We are conducting extensive trials now. You should see it in the market in 2013 sometime". He mentioned that the Hybrid Traveller has a system similar to Toyota Prius (Self regenerative).
karpusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 05:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
... its engine and later found that it is the same 2149cc 4cylinder, CRDI, VGT developing 129 PS at 3800 rpm. and BSIII compliant which powers optionally the normal Traveller range where a BS IV compliant is also available....
This is the new engine from Force, and the existing TT with this engine had the CRV-16 badge. My guess is that this is based on the OM611 MB engine.
Old 1st November 2012, 09:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does Force Motors sell spare parts over the counter ?
Old 3rd November 2012, 11:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Force Motors launches the new Traveller-26 in Rajasthan-force26seater.jpgSome operators in Kerala already procured this.
Picture Courtesy: facebook.
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:12   #8
BHPian

The Tempo Traveller is considered a reliable and rugged vehicle and the ruggedness probably has something to do also with the ladder frame chassis. While a monocoque design with independent suspension should improve ride quality, on the pot holed indian roads ( non highways) how good a monocoque chassis would be is to be seen.
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

By the way does this model have 4 set of wheels for the rear axle. The one in the photo seems to be having one or is it illusion.

The Traveller is simply getting longer by the day, not sure how feasible and maintained of the monocoque would be. I see quite a few rattle boxes on Bangalore roads.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think the target customer for this vehicle is the Office Van Operators

Helps them put in more People with comfort on the same platform. The TRAVELLER was a monocoque from the begining
Old 4th November 2012, 21:27   #11
BHPian

Traveller is licensed Indian avatar of Mercedes Transporter.

Being a monocoque was the foremost reason for its success (low weight/ less rattling/ fuel efficient etc) along with the Mercedes licensed OM616 engine which would last longer than the competition at that time.

Semi elliptical leafsprings around for ALL travellers.

The rear axle has 2 wheels on each side for T-26.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 4th November 2012 at 21:32.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 09:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

I think the TRAVELLER 26 is a Jugaad

They added one wheel at the back to increase the width, then they stretched the front axle to increase track, cut the body in half disecting it and then adding metal in the middle
Old 6th November 2012, 11:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

But arun that's how new vehicles are born.
In this context Quanto, Indigo CS, Indigo XL are all Jugaad.
Old 15th September 2014, 12:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

I saw quite of few of the above vehicle in my recent trip to Kerala. At first I thought maybe its a mod job but saw quite a few vehicles and when I had a look at a stationery vehicle, realised it was much wider than the regular traveller with truck like twin tyres on each side at the rear. The front axle looked a bit puny to me. But otherwise its quite a good looking vehicle head on. Strangely I have never seen this vehicle in TN anywhere
Old 15th September 2014, 15:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

These are very common here in Assam and run on intercity routes. The vehicle is very capable and looks rugged and agile. It is also broader than the existing traveller.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks