Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2013, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I would suggest NOT to go in for a sunroof especially for an eye hospital van. The best to examine the eye in a "dark" environment, with that Spot light that doctors use. Sun Roof will hinder visibility and secondly, your AC might consume more power during summer.
Yes, I have dropped the plan. Thank you.

Work in progress pictures.

Tinkering almost complete.Finishing touches being done alongside. Partition to be bolted to the roof before upholstery to cover the pipe.

Flooring rubber coated and marine ply bolted down.

Roof upholstery next in line to be done. Planning to use the snug fit rexin rather than the drooping cloth type material for more headroom and easier maintenance.

Vehicle with the painter for primer coat. Things are moving fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013040400221.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013040400222.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013040400223.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013040400224.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th April 2013 at 21:27. Reason: Back to back posts.
beejay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mobile Eye Testing Van

Finally the Van is back with me after tinkering and painting. Special thanks to bhpain CHANU from Hyderabad for these very comfy and practical seats.

Now, I need to get the electrical s and a few more minor work like door winders, locks. Was considering dynamat for the front area. No one in Coimbatore does it. Else, planning regular dust mats.

Kindly suggest ideas for exterior branding, will attach a pic of my logo in the next post.
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200277.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200278.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200279.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200280.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200281.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200282.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200283.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200284.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200285.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-img2013042200286.jpg  

beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

These would be the colors and the logo.
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile Eye Testing Van-capture.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-visitingcardsize.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2013, 13:43   #19
BHPian

A very good initiative indeed, and a well thought out logo . Additional pointers- you could invest in a 10/20 liter overhead tank(rectangular flat type) to store water, if needed.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Beejay, that's one innovative logo ! liked it

Since your logo is in vertical format(not landscape) i suggest you get high quality vinyl stickers made and paste them on the sides(in the middle) and the rear!

If you are willing to repaint the van then we can have more color patterns! With the van in the current paint scheme, this would be subtle and not too gaudy

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd April 2013 at 13:55.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:33   #21
BHPian

The yellow on the front and back will need to go. Keep the white. And subtle bits of the color scheme of your logo (excellent logo there).
Remove all Tempo Traveler branding off the vehicle. The only logo/branding that should be seen is Grace Vision

The rear door has two glass area, use that in your design to show spectacles. If driving the vehicle following your mobile clinc will be able to spend the max time in registering your brand. Avoid very many words as that may be hazardous, people will invariably try to focus on the words instead of the road.

The logo's on the sides and top, why top?
when you will be parked in anyplace the people living in their houses should also be able to know what the vehicle is all about.Just, Mobile Eye Care Clinic by "your logo and brand name"

try and encase your logo in a black border, will add a dramatic effect. Maybe if you can, get your logo done in radium sticklers (the vinyl printer guy, should be the source for it) Whitish color text, will also work in the post sunset, when our eyesight tends to get weak due to daily fatigue.

Hope I was helpful, all the best.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
The yellow on the front and back will need to go. Keep the white. And subtle bits of the color scheme of your logo (excellent logo there).
AFAIK, yellow colour in the front and back is compulsory for commercial vehicles (non-passenger). I am not sure if the Yellow can be removed in this case - since it not exactly a "commercial carrier" - the logic is similar to that as Borewell rigs - where the operation is commercial, but the vehicle as such is not used to carry luggage commercially.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
A very good initiative indeed, and a well thought out logo . Additional pointers- you could invest in a 10/20 liter overhead tank(rectangular flat type) to store water, if needed.
Thank you, will plan that later. Right now I am planning a basic design for the shelves and one table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Beejay, that's one innovative logo ! liked it

Since your logo is in vertical format(not landscape) i suggest you get high quality vinyl stickers made and paste them on the sides(in the middle) and the rear!

If you are willing to repaint the van then we can have more color patterns! With the van in the current paint scheme, this would be subtle and not too gaudy
I was thinking the same. The color scheme would be a good match, sans the yellow. First I need to paste the stickers required by the RTO and then it would be easier to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Remove all Tempo Traveler branding off the vehicle. The only logo/branding that should be seen is Grace Vision

The rear door has two glass area, use that in your design to show spectacles. If driving the vehicle following your mobile clinc will be able to spend the max time in registering your brand. Avoid very many words as that may be hazardous, people will invariably try to focus on the words instead of the road.

The logo's on the sides and top, why top?
when you will be parked in anyplace the people living in their houses should also be able to know what the vehicle is all about.Just, Mobile Eye Care Clinic by "your logo and brand name"

try and encase your logo in a black border, will add a dramatic effect. Maybe if you can, get your logo done in radium sticklers (the vinyl printer guy, should be the source for it) Whitish color text, will also work in the post sunset, when our eyesight tends to get weak due to daily fatigue.

Hope I was helpful, all the best.
Yes, you have been helpful and thanks for the idea. Considering to now remove the tempo traveler logo in the front and have my logo, the eye shape done in LED. The yellow is compulsory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
AFAIK, yellow colour in the front and back is compulsory for commercial vehicles (non-passenger). I am not sure if the Yellow can be removed in this case - since it not exactly a "commercial carrier" - the logic is similar to that as Borewell rigs - where the operation is commercial, but the vehicle as such is not used to carry luggage commercially.
Absolutely correct, a person suggested to keep the yellow to obtain FC and then repaint to white. Yet, I will not do that. There are more norms to obtain FC like the reflectors, side number plate etc.. Plan to do all that first.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Here are the images the vendor has sent me. I plan to cover the roof area too. The images are finalized and approved.
Attached Thumbnails
Mobile Eye Testing Van-tempo-side.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-tempo-side-2.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-tempo-back.jpg  

Mobile Eye Testing Van-tempo-front.jpg  

Old 21st May 2013, 11:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

And there she rolls. The actual images.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:00   #26
Senior - BHPian