Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 20:56   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur

The All India launch of the Tata Ace HT Refreshed Version was done at Nagpur, at the Vidarbha Auto Dealers Association (VADA) Auto Expo 2013, this evening (10/03/2013).
The frontal looks appear to have changed, but a look at the interiors and dash revealed that it was almost the same.The colour however appears refreshed and metallic!

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01027.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01026.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01023.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01024.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01025.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01028.jpg

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01029.jpg

Soon we will see the refreshed ACE carrying poultry, cattle and everything else!
anjan_c2007 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 21:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur

Front look is really charming. BTW how about the pricing compared to the existing one?

PS: Headlamps remind me of Wagon-R, isn't it?
Old 11th March 2013, 11:14   #3
BHPian

How many TATA Ace variants are there in final??

Why does TATA get so much addicted to a certain model that every improvement is carried out with a new variant launch!!

Off Topic - Look at a guy in the pic using his phone to take a photo, look closely who he has in the frame!! not the TATA ace for sure!!!
vinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 11:20   #4
BHPian

The battery is outside right next to the wheel ?

Tata's sure keep improving the looks by cosmetic changes and little gizmos and manage to hold the market share.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:37   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur

A sneak peek into the interiors of the Refreshed ACE

Tata Ace HT Refreshed - Launched @ Nagpur-dsc01022.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 20:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Front look is really charming. BTW how about the pricing compared to the existing one?

PS: Headlamps remind me of Wagon-R, isn't it?
Some facts about the new Tata ACE facelift:

- It has fabric seats, new contemporary dashboard as Tata says (could not notice anything new however ? ), mobile charger and music system provision

- This one is priced @ Rs 364,000 (ex- showroom, Nagpur) with 100 % finance by Tata Finance

- Tata lists its three recent milestones in the commercial vehicle sector:

(a) Launched the first indigenously developed Light Commercial Vehicle in 1986 - the Tata 407 (rightfully so, it shooeeed away most of the Japanese LCV's by the late 1980's)

(b) In 2005, Tata created a new segment by launching the Tata Ace, the first indigenously developed mini-truck (true, but the ACE and its competing mini-trucks of whatever brands are traffic laggards and many a times create traffic bottlenecks)

(c) In 2009, Tata launched its globally bench marked Prima range of trucks (their credit and India's achievement)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 12th March 2013 at 20:48.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 09:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
How many TATA Ace variants are there in final??

Why does TATA get so much addicted to a certain model that every improvement is carried out with a new variant launch!!

Off Topic - Look at a guy in the pic using his phone to take a photo, look closely who he has in the frame!! not the TATA ace for sure!!!
Hahaha, vinair, you nailed it there!!

BTW, cant help wodnering how the Indian CV scene has come of age both in design and performance...I remember not so long ago used to see mini-trucks that looked horrible and were a pain to own.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
- It has fabric seats, new contemporary dashboard as Tata says (could not notice anything new however ? )
It has the instrument cluster in the centre unlike the old model in which it was on RHS. So the dashboard is new.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:39   #9

Does anybody own the Ace or any of its variants. would love to hear from you. I wish they launched it in US too..Lol.
Old 6th April 2013, 21:21   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitvar7 View Post
Does anybody own the Ace or any of its variants. would love to hear from you. I wish they launched it in US too..Lol.
Hey Amit
I do own the Tata Ace(the Old Model) purchased last year, I transport steel rods through it, and it's an amazing vehicle, It takes upto 1500Kgs without a problem, and it is helpful for doing odd jobs of a factory, transporting oxygen cylinders, cartons, paint items, miscellaneous machinery over any distances.
Its helped alot in the way that, now I'm able to give my customers better service simply because to complete small orders, The Ace goes where a canter of 5-6 MT would not go, it goes in small bylanes without an issue, Hasn't been high on maintenance so far(touchwood) and in this era where diesel prices are through the roof, transporters are waiting for an opportunity to fleece you.Wouldn't call it fleecing because that's their occupation, But if im able to deliver my goods with transportation at even cost price(or free delivery for that matter) It helps my business.
Please note that it also returns a mileage of approximately 15kmpl fully loaded mostly
Would highly recommend it if your need is satisfied uptill 1500-1600Kgs
If you need a higher capacity, and not a canter, The Ashok Leyland Dost is worth a look at(woudnt know the pricing) but it worth a second look
raghav.carfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 23:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Does this have the Dicor engine ? I have seen test mules with this face and a Dicor badge, at the Tata plant.
Old 7th April 2013, 21:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Is this similar to the 1 ton SuperAce or does it have a lower powered engine. Btw SuperAce looks nice in metalic colors, and since it seems to have good power (I assume 70bhp dicor engine from the Venture), I have seen transporters driving like maniacs and overtake from wrong side in traffic.
Old 8th April 2013, 10:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Is this similar to the 1 ton SuperAce or does it have a lower powered engine. Btw SuperAce looks nice in metalic colors, and since it seems to have good power (I assume 70bhp dicor engine from the Venture), I have seen transporters driving like maniacs and overtake from wrong side in traffic.
Ace-HT has a 700cc 2-cylinder indirect injection engine that generates 16hp, and a 4-speed gearbox while the SuperAce uses the same 1.4L 4-cyl engine from Venture and a 5-speed transmission.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2013, 12:13   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post

Please note that it also returns a mileage of approximately 15kmpl fully loaded mostly
Would highly recommend it if your need is satisfied uptill 1500-1600Kgs
If you need a higher capacity, and not a canter, The Ashok Leyland Dost is worth a look at(woudnt know the pricing) but it worth a second look
Raghav: I hope you know that the rated payload for ACE is 750 kgs

Coming back to the refresh; it is just a cosmetic makeover for the 5 year old baby elephant with subtle changes to the interiors.
Dicor will come soon.
Old 8th April 2013, 13:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

Here's what the TM press release said when the Ace Refresh was unveiled at Auto Expo 2012:

Quote:
Tata Ace Refresh: .......The Tata Ace is now being introduced in its new avatar which is stylish and offers many comfort features. The Tata Ace Refresh has new stylish headlamps, a new wide grill, body coloured bumpers, ergonomically designed steering, comfortable fabric seats, new aesthetic dashboard and wide ORVMs. To further increase the comfort for the driver, there is a music system and mobile charging point. The Tata Ace Refresh will be available in the HT, EX and CNG variants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks