Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 05:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Excessive vibration - Ashok Leyland 1214

I think Ashok Leyland should be calling this Truck the 1412, because it has 13,900 kgs Gross Vehicle Weight and has a 120Bhp engine. All their Trucks are named in the above fashion, first the GVW and then the Bhp, that is also pretty much the Industry standard, Tata also follows this practice

I think Companies should have an option of adding a tag axle to any of their Trucks. Imagine this Truck with a tag axle, it would give the normal 16 Tonne GVW trucks a run for their money.

Another think Ashok Leyland needs to do is to clean up this Truck on the design front, the dual front bumper could be better designed, and so also the rear mud-guards
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 11:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
I think Ashok Leyland should be calling this Truck the 1412, because it has 13,900 kgs Gross Vehicle Weight and has a 120Bhp engine. All their Trucks are named in the above fashion, first the GVW and then the Bhp, that is also pretty much the Industry standard, Tata also follows this practice
It's not a standard, but just a convention. The Eicher trucks have their own weird system of nomenclature, just to cite an example. But I agree that AL should've named it Ecomet 1412 and not 1214.

Quote:
Imagine this Truck with a tag axle, it would give the normal 16 Tonne GVW trucks a run for their money.
Adding a tag axle to this truck would make it a sitting duck, compared to the other 16 tonners, because a 120 bhp 4-cylinder engine is not really sufficient for that kind of tonnage. Remember, AL doesn't offer a 130 bhp option anymore.

Quote:
the dual front bumper could be better designed, and so also the rear mud-guards
It's not a dual bumper. One is the bumper and the one below is the Front Under-run Protection bar, that's mandated by the CMVR.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

dont worry brother unladen trucks are bound to vibrate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks