Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 11:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Pics & Report : EXCON 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I did end up finalizing and booking two excavators, a Komatsu PC210, and a CAT 320D2.
Komatsu PC210 is monster!
May we expect pictorial review of both on forum?
Old 27th November 2013, 11:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Truly speaking in that category, in our mining industry, there is no machine better than the CAT 320D and now the CAT 320D2. But the Komatsu is nothing short in my opinion, its significantly cheaper to buy, it has been in the Indian market for very long hence has better service support than most. I already own 2 PC200 machines, so was tempted to go for the new version, the actual plan and my father's orders were to book two 320D2s, the PC210 has a tracking and logging and diagnostics system better than most passenger cars in the market.

About the review, I will definitely try, but the machines work back home at Maihar, Madhya Pradesh, whereas I study here in Pune.
Also, for mining works, Volvo machines are also very competent, but the pricing is on the higher side.
Also got an insight into the Scania 8x4 rock body mining tipper, what a machine it was, second only to the Volvo FMs. The interiors quality could give most Marutis and Hyundais a run for their money. though my business does not demand a Tipper of that category, I will definitely own a Scania as soon as I join my father's core business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I do not see single pictures of Hitachi (Telcon) machines. Did'nt they participate?
aaaah, you noticed, so did I and I was pretty surprised, there was a time when Hitachi excavators were everywhere, very competent machines of their times, and with a wide network of support available from Tata. But they couldn't improve with time and lost market share, I still have a 2004 Hitachi 110 excavator, works fine but there are better machines in the 10-14 tonnes category now.

Last edited by 599gto : 27th November 2013 at 12:07.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not see single pictures of Hitachi (Telcon) machines. Did'nt they participate?
I don't remember seeing Hitachi or maybe I missed it.
The area was quite huge, so there are chances that I missed it knowing that Hitachi being in this industry would not give this expo a miss.

Regards

Edit: Just read the above post.

Last edited by tharian : 27th November 2013 at 12:34.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good catch. One of the biggest construction equipment makers of India, operating multiple manufacturing facilities in India is completely missing. Wonder why. Even Tata Motors, which owns 40% of Tata Hitachi, is present.

Quote:
I did end up finalising and booking two excavators, a Komatsu PC210, and a CAT 320D2, with some discounts due to the expo.
Coule you share with us the reason for buying 2 different but similar products from different companies??

Also, did you check out Tata Hitachi products like the Zaxxis 210 or EX200??

You also mentioned about the Scania and Volvo mining tippers. What did you think about the Tata Prima 3138K, which is a pretty similar product. The Prima 3138K, as well as the other 2 Prima tippers, have been gaining in propularity with the mining industry in my state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
If you think the PC210 is a monster, then take a look at the Komatsu PC8000, or the Tata Hitachi EX-8000 which can carry about 50 times in a single bucket compared to something like the PC210.

Last edited by julupani : 27th November 2013 at 13:35.
Old 27th November 2013, 20:20   #20
BANNED

Did all the cement mixers have separate engine for the mixing unit. No PTO driven unit?
Also what is the market position of BEML equipments.
Abin
Old 27th November 2013, 23:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Coule you share with us the reason for buying 2 different but similar products from different companies??

Also, did you check out Tata Hitachi products like the Zaxxis 210 or EX200??
The reason was that I plan to use the CAT 320D2 in my own quarry, and the Komatsu PC210 would be added to the fleet of my 'for-hire' machines. As I wrote earlier, Komatsu has come up with a software which uses gps and gprs networks to help owners keep a log of everything the machine does, it would even tell me if the machine is idling only to run the cabin AC, how many hours the attachments have work or how much the machine has crawled for example. The software is a very powerful tool, helping owners to log every minute detail.
About the Hitachi products, I have seen a few EX200s in my area, in my line of work, that is limestone mining, the Komatsu and CAT beat the Hitachi hands down.
Quote:
You also mentioned about the Scania and Volvo mining tippers. What did you think about the Tata Prima 3138K, which is a pretty similar product. The Prima 3138K, as well as the other 2 Prima tippers, have been gaining in propularity with the mining industry in my state.
To be very true, I did not visit the Tata stall at all, and have never seen the new Prima range up close. I am sure they are pretty competent products and economical to buy and run, I have 4 Tata 2518 HYVA Rock Body Tippers, running strong since the last 3 years, but my 2005 model Ashok Leyland Taurus tipper gives these Tatas a hard time when it comes to climbing a gradient with full load, primarily because of the engine!

Quote:
If you think the PC210 is a monster, then take a look at the Komatsu PC8000, or the Tata Hitachi EX-8000 which can carry about 50 times in a single bucket compared to something like the PC210.
This is not a very fair comparison!

Last edited by 599gto : 27th November 2013 at 23:05.
Old 28th November 2013, 06:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To be very true, I did not visit the Tata stall at all, and have never seen the new Prima range up close. I am sure they are pretty competent products and economical to buy and run, I have 4 Tata 2518 HYVA Rock Body Tippers, running strong since the last 3 years, but my 2005 model Ashok Leyland Taurus tipper gives these Tatas a hard time when it comes to climbing a gradient with full load, primarily because of the engine!
I am surprised, almost shocked by this. Because the impression in my state is exactly the opposite, which is why Leyland tippers are a rarity used mostly by some construction firms. Most mine owners, and equipment owners will swear by Tata primarily because of its grade climbing ability.

Also, if ever you think of going for a heavy duty rock body tipper like the Volvo or Scania, do take a look a the Prima 3138K. May be in a few years Tata will launch Primas with even bigger engines, like a Cummins ISM or ISX12 and compete fully on a level with the big boys.

Quote:
This is not a very fair comparison!
Well, if you are talking about the real monsters of excavation, you have to talk about products like that.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:18   #23
BANNED

These construction/farming equipments are such beautiful machines! Though it's almost impossible/impractical to buy these, it's good that bruder makes scale models of these machines. Atleast we can buy bruder and adore the beauties.
Old 28th November 2013, 23:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The lovely looking 3723c 10x4 RMC with a closeup of the last steerable axle...
Unable to see any track rod, drag link connecting tag axle with front axles. So I dont think its steerable. Are you sure about this?
I have seen the same chassis in Auto Expo where it was not steerable. Also there is no much of requirment for steerable tag axle as its very expensive for a rigid truck. Even the leaflets doesn't speak about this feature. BTW, the interior was a neat job, but a new cab will be too good.
Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-3723-2.jpg
Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-3723-1.jpg

Quote:
So obviously the 3723 with RMC is a slightly modified 3723 truck with a RMC mixer mounted on it. Just like a 2518 RMC is a slightly modified 2518 with a smaller RMC mixer mounted on it.

The sleeper cab will probably be removed in the actual launch vehicles, even though it is there in the vehicles showcased.
So why a sleeper cab be fitted, even though it will be removed in the actual vehicle?

Quote:
... A few have even come with the new cab as shown above, but most operators still go for their usual cowl and build body on it.
Can you plz post some pics of 3723 with new cab?
Also with sleeper cabs are more popular in tractors, why is that not available. Any idea?

Seen for the first time in AMW, are the cab built over its Cowl. This is the lower end version with non-reactive suspension and fabricated cab (with windscreen borrowed from Tata trucks)
Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-amw-1.jpg
Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-amw-2.jpg

Last edited by Ashley2 : 28th November 2013 at 23:30.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 01:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Unable to see any track rod, drag link connecting tag axle with front axles. So I dont think its steerable.
It is not actually.
What I meant to say was that it is a lift axle and the front two are steerable.
Since I was looking at the tag axle picture, some parts made me think it was steerable and hence typed that unknowingly.

Regrds

Last edited by tharian : 29th November 2013 at 01:39.
Old 29th November 2013, 06:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unable to see any track rod, drag link connecting tag axle with front axles. So I dont think its steerable. Are you sure about this?
I dont think the tag axle has active steering, only a bit of passive steering possibly.

Quote:
So why a sleeper cab be fitted, even though it will be removed in the actual vehicle?
Remember this is model is not launched yet. But only showcased. So final specifications are still open to change. Also vehicles showcased in shows like this need not be an exact copy of the final production models.

Quote:
Can you plz post some pics of 3723 with new cab?
Also with sleeper cabs are more popular in tractors, why is that not available. Any idea?
Well, a large percentage of rigids are operated by comparatively smaller operators, who would like to save the cost of getting a factory built cab. And its not just the extra cost of the cab itself, as the factory built cab is generally larger in size, they are offered on slightly longer wheelbase variants which contributes to the higher cost as well.

But having said that, over the years 2518s and 3118s with EX tiltcab are gaining in popularity.
Old 29th November 2013, 08:12   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised, almost shocked by this. Because the impression in my state is exactly the opposite, which is why Leyland tippers are a rarity used mostly by some construction firms. Most mine owners, and equipment owners will swear by Tata primarily because of its grade climbing ability.

Also, if ever you think of going for a heavy duty rock body tipper like the Volvo or Scania, do take a look a the Prima 3138K. May be in a few years Tata will launch Primas with even bigger engines, like a Cummins ISM or ISX12 and compete fully on a level with the big boys.

Well, if you are talking about the real monsters of excavation, you have to talk about products like that.
I am not saying the Tata's are not good, all I meant was that the Ashok Leyland being 9 years old, still performs as good as the comparatively newer Tatas that I have. I speak from experience sir, I have used both brands extensively, and my maintenance team is happy with both.
About looking at the Prima 3138.K I will definitely do so, the dealer in my area has already sent me a brochure and price list, I just found it in my office.

: Are you commercially involved in any of these companies, or in any way to the mining industry!?! Just curious!
Old 29th November 2013, 20:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..Remember this is model is not launched yet. But only showcased. So final specifications are still open to change. Also vehicles showcased in shows like this need not be an exact copy of the final production models.
I am very well aware of specification in shows need not be produced. But that will always be with higher end spec closer to market, unlike the RMC truck with sleeper cab.
(reason to think that they displayed same chassis in two shows, still its not a crime.)

Quote:
So final specifications are still open to change.
Thinking loud, even your statement may go wrong, as they can still have RMC with sleeper cab like competition offering in Tippers - AMW/Eicher (full sleeper cab), AL/BB (Sleeper provision in day cab)

Quote:
Well, a large percentage of rigids are operated by comparatively smaller operators, who would like to save the cost of getting a factory built cab. And its not just the extra cost of the cab itself, as the factory built cab is generally larger in size, they are offered on slightly longer wheelbase variants which contributes to the higher cost as well..
Since you have told 3723 is available with new cab in earlier post, just requested you to post a picture.
In case of tractors, where there is a market mandate why is that not available? Incase its available there also kindly post a pic of same.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 29th November 2013 at 20:54.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking loud, even your statement may go wrong, as they can still have RMC with sleeper cab like competition offering in Tippers - AMW/Eicher (full sleeper cab), AL/BB (Sleeper provision in day cab)
Oh definitely. It is after all conjecture at this point. But my guess is based on the fact that Tata does offer day cabs on its tippers. I would imagine whether it would make sense to make both day and sleeper variants of this new cab.

Quote:
Since you have told 3723 is available with new cab in earlier post, just requested you to post a picture.
In case of tractors, where there is a market mandate why is that not available? Incase its available there also kindly post a pic of same.
Will try and get you some pics of the 3723 with this new cab on the road. They are not exactly very common trucks.

As for cabs, sleeper cabs are very much available on tractors. In fact, I dont think there is an option of non-sleeper cabs on any haulage model above a 25ton GVW. Day cabs are mostly availble only on 16ton trucks and tippers.

A bit , but I am posting pics of the Tata cabs. The first two are what what Tata calls big cab, sleeper and day versions in order. The next 2 are EX tilt cabs, again both day and sleeper versions respectively. In the longer sleeper cabs, you have the option of only one bed, or two stacked on top of each other.

Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-33.jpg

Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-lpk_3118tc.jpg

Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-1518tipper.jpg

Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-lpt3118b.jpg

Last edited by julupani : 29th November 2013 at 21:20.
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Work in full swing for the EXCON 2015 edition being held this week at the Bangalore Exhibition Center on Tumkur Road, Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-img_20151122_110558.jpg  

Pics & Report : EXCON 2013-img_20151122_110838.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks