Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2014, 17:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Electric bus service proposed in Gujarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Sorry for the confusion. The picture is just for reference.
No need to apologize. I realized that it was a reference picture when I scrolled up to the previous posts. I edited my post after that.
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 23:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMTC to test all-electric BYD K9 bus for city use

Excellent Stuff, hope it starts soon. But why not have solar panels on the top of the bus charging the bus on the go? will it be very expensive? or will the charging be not that effective?
Old 15th July 2014, 09:09   #33
BHPian

BMTC in Bangalore has put the plans of running electric buses on hold after the 3 month trial period. I will not be surprised if Gujarat follows suit.

High costs put brakes on BMTC's green bus plans

The cost of each bus is prohibitive. So they are looking for some company which would be ready to run it on a per km contract basis.

It is the same issue dogging even the personal electric vehicle industry (Mahindra Reva). They really need to invest in R&D to bring down the costs. Will the fossil fuel lobbyists allow it?
Old 24th January 2020, 12:03   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

BMTC rejects higher bid for e-buses; new tender floated.

Quote:
KSRTC, the parent organisation, on Thursday floated a new tender on behalf of BMTC to induct 300 AC electric buses (12 metre) under phase II of Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles (FAME). The tender will be opened on February 12.
Quote:
Olectra, the lowest bidder, quoted Rs 89.6/km for 300 buses for BMTC. In addition, BMTC will have to deploy a conductor which will cost an average Rs 7 per km, which comes to Rs 96.6/km. The amount quoted by the firm is higher than the present operational cost of BMTC's AC diesel buses (Rs 75-80/km).

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th January 2020 at 12:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks