Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 16:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors' 1613 CNG buses for Pune city

Tata Motors has rolled out the new 1613 CNG buses for Pune City.
  • Mr. Ajit Pawar, Hon. Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra was present at the roll-out ceremony.
  • Tata Motors will deliver 550 nos. of 1613 CNG buses for PMPML (Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited).

Tata Motors' 1613 CNG buses for Pune city-image-1.jpg

Tata Motors' 1613 CNG buses for Pune city-image-3.jpg

Tata Motors' 1613 CNG buses for Pune city-image-2.jpg
parrys is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 15:22   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors' 1613 CNG buses for Pune city

These buses have a very nice design and no doubt they are environment friendly too. We see a lot of them in New Delhi and I spotted a couple of them in Jaipur too.

Though, I have never had a chance to take a ride but I am told that they are very comfortable. I am told that they are automatic variants and have power steering too which was missing in the earlier buses.

The best looking buses add to the look of public transport, but the only thing I wish they should not allow is advertising on them. The moment advertisement companies are asked to rent space for advertising on the exteriors the entire look of the bus changes. I had noticed this in Jaipur, the buses loses the similarity of design and when the contract of the advertisement company expires the stickers are removed and the dust accumulates on the residual glue which makes them look so ugly and unpresentable.
mints21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 19:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Why would these buses have doors on the driver side? Pick up passengers when parked at the bus stand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
The best looking buses add to the look of public transport, but the only thing I wish they should not allow is advertising on them. The moment advertisement companies are asked to rent space for advertising on the exteriors the entire look of the bus changes
True. The advt. on these buses is still bearable; when the Volvos started becoming popular in B'lore, most of them carried advt. that covered the entire bus. Later, during the Karnataka Investors Meet, the face of the CM and Home Minister covered the buses. Just then, I think the HC ruled that these advts. be removed as they are a distraction to commuters.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 20:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Why would these buses have doors on the driver side? Pick up passengers when parked at the bus stand?
These may be emergency doors.

Quote:
I think the HC ruled that these advts. be removed as they are a distraction to commuters.
Indeed a welcome judgement. No doubt they may have been a cause of great distraction to the commuters. However, I think that this particular judgement is restricted for one state only, because Haryana and Punjab buses are still full of them.
Old 16th February 2014, 04:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
These are not emergency doors, but are supposed to be used as regular doors. Special bus stops have already been erected for these buses all along the CME-Khadki to Nigdi-Pradhikran route.

These bus stops are on the right most service lane which explains the position of the door on the right side of the bus. The grade separator runs along the service lane on this 7 or 8 KM stretch which I mentioned above.

Though to me it looks like a possible hazard to people using the service lane, unless some kind of divider/barrier are put in place for the bus lane.

The below TOI link shows the bus stop pic.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...&ViewMode=HTML

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 16th February 2014 at 04:28. Reason: added an article with pic of bus stop
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 07:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Quote:
The bus shelters on BRTS route are in the center of the BRTS lane. So the doors are facing the bus shelter.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks