Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2004, 12:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

A Modified Tempo Traveller

caught this modded tempo traveller on my way to work..looks like a DC creation but MORFEUS written on the back...is that the name that dc has applied ??

Old 10th October 2004, 13:11   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

N_C,
Morfeus is another company which does jobs like DC. Most of them are interior jobs though. Have seen its ad in ACI once or twice. I'd actually mailed asking for quotation for beige colored interiors in my Accent but like most of the companies they didn't respond.
Old 10th October 2004, 13:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

i've seen that tempo traveller before, i dont think its DC...but the design lines are quite similar to that of DC.
Old 10th October 2004, 13:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rjkulkarni @ Oct. 10 2004,11:41)]N_C,
Morfeus is another company which does jobs like DC. Most of them are interior jobs though. Have seen its ad in ACI once or twice. I'd actually mailed asking for quotation for beige colored interiors in my Accent but like most of the companies they didn't respond.
why dont u try the stanley leather ?
Old 10th October 2004, 13:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (normally_crazy @ Oct. 10 2004,11:45)]why dont u try the stanley leather ?
Too expensive.
Old 10th October 2004, 13:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Too expensive.
yes, but quality stuff dear. why do we always have to check anything for its price ? and not for quality ??

cheers
Old 10th October 2004, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Prices are important dude.
what we look at is VFM, stanley leather starts at 25000/- for a IKon and so.
Although the quality is top notch , someone will still argue why not put Napa leather whch costs abt 1.5 laks or may be above.
Old 4th October 2006, 08:40   #8
BHPian

Tempo Traveller Modifications

Hi Friends

A friend of mine will be getting his tempo traveller(force motors, if i'm not mistaken) very soon and are looking to convert the interiors into a luxurious caravan.....probably a office/home on wheels, with the 'works' !!!

they were considering a few options and even looked into DC designs. well i asked him to hold on till we get some valuable advice from here.

The following are a few of the things he'd want to know in regard to this:

1. any alternatives in the south other than just DC designs

2. any samples of other travellers modded

3. approximate budget taking into consideration all interior details

4. any good advice in regard to the above

i vouched that firends on this forum can surely help in this regard, so to stay 'put' till we hear from them

i hope you can provide me with some valuable information.

thanks all !!!
Old 4th October 2006, 11:24   #9
BANNED

i would love to open my mouth on this whole story. though i wont. my point firstly is what is the use of the car to your friend. its a total waste of money. we got one for 7 laks spent another 25 laks kitting it and used it rarely. most of the things dont work. power steering makes noise like the car is 69 yrs old. panels chipping off.
Old 4th October 2006, 14:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Don't do anything to it other than airconditioning it and redoing the seating the way you want it. Both can be done at Koya's Coimbatore. All the ICE fitment along with the Video can be done at pretty much any good installer. You could however get a partition done and a chemical toilet fitted. This can be done at Koya's too. You'll need to source the Chemical toilet for them however.

Last edited by jyobeb : 4th October 2006 at 14:29.
Old 4th October 2006, 14:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal
i would love to open my mouth on this whole story. though i wont. my point firstly is what is the use of the car to your friend. its a total waste of money. we got one for 7 laks spent another 25 laks kitting it and used it rarely. most of the things dont work. power steering makes noise like the car is 69 yrs old. panels chipping off.

i guess they would be using it to travel in very often coz they shuttle from bangalore to their native place in tamil nadu very often...about a 8 hour journey and they have been planning this for a long time.
Old 4th October 2006, 14:58   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
Don't do anything to it other than airconditioning it and redoing the seating the way you want it. Both can be done at Koya's Coimbatore. All the ICE fitment along with the Video can be done at pretty much any good installer. You could however get a partition done and a chemical toilet fitted. This can be done at Koya's too. You'll need to source the Chemical toilet for them however.
yes thats a good place.long time ago on a trip we got our RD350 seat done there along with some fog lamp fixtures.I will suggest that to him.any have any idea of the chemical toilet though......whether its installable and if 'yes', has anyone heard of it or have any more information?
Old 4th October 2006, 22:28   #13
SRK
Senior - BHPian

stevie..
I think you should go and contact some one in the filmindustry..
I mean those guys who rent their tempos to stars....
Old 5th October 2006, 02:32   #14
BHPian

Hey, a BHPian sunilchakola is into the business of modifying Tempo Travellers.
they are based in Trichur.

The Koyas in Coimbatore are the Best in the country in terms of seats and upholstery.

But as u said they need other amenities as well, i recommend the GRP in coimbatore.
Old 13th October 2006, 01:35   #15
BHPian

The medium-range bus that was redesigned for Bollywood biggie Amitabh Bachchan

Its interior
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/43577.jpg

Another recent order was to convert a Tempo Traveller into a mobile restaurant called Zip Zap Zoom. The interior of the vehicle has been modified to accommodate vending machines for popcorn, Coke, and other edibles.
The Rs 19-lakh order was completed in four months. The exterior of the vehicle was modified to give it a "futuristic and radical look," he said. No wonder that the vehicle looks anything but your normal mini-bus!

Last edited by Stratos : 13th October 2006 at 07:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks