Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 16:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

I think that DCIL may be building the body locally in tie-up with any coach builders here. They may be outsoursing the engine, gearbox, chassis & suspension..Even though if they have started top outsourse, they will have undergo ARAI's test & get homologated to start the sales.
Old 20th September 2006, 17:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust
I think that DCIL may be building the body locally in tie-up with any coach builders here. They may be outsoursing the engine, gearbox, chassis & suspension..Even though if they have started top outsourse, they will have undergo ARAI's test & get homologated to start the sales.
well, this was more related to the development aspect of the related parts itself, not the building aspect.
Old 4th January 2007, 00:10   #33
BHPian

Mercedes Actros has won the BBC-Top gear Commercial Vehilce of the year '07
Old 4th January 2007, 13:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino View Post
Mercedes Actros has won the BBC-Top gear Commercial Vehilce of the year '07
Mr.Vino..its actually a Design award for the commercial vehicle..it has pushed back all other CV in the market including the latest Volvo FH-series which younger than the Actros..Internationally Actors is having one of the best design even after its 10 years old design..It was actullay launched in 1996 & became the 'Truck of the year'..during 2003 it undergone some minor facelift (but major technical uplift) and again became the "Truck of the Year"..its a marvelous truck..
Old 25th May 2007, 11:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Tested: New S350

I'm very happy to drive my dream car once more, this time its S350 from Mumbai. As U all r aware I had a great fortune to test the S500 last year at the Mercedes test-track, but this time I driven the awsome machine on a real world condition. This test drive was organised as one of my uncle is interested in the new S. The Auto Hanger was the dealer who arranged the S350.

I was on a family trip to Mumbai, it was my last day there & I had some official work with my dad. So we fixed the test drive for afternoon. My Dad, my wife & daughter where along with me & they both are found of cars, especially the new S. The sale guy who is also my friend invited us for the test.

An Iridium Silver S350 of his MD is my test car. He told me to experince the back seats first & I got into the seats. The interior is a combination of grey & black & mat finish wood. He drove to the Worli sea face through some small pocket road, which were full of big ditches & gutters. But the Airmatic suspension of the S gave us a gentle pillow effect shake inside the limo. I was enjoying the rear seats which is very strange to me in any car. But it marvelous with amble leg space, head room & shoulder room. The messager, hot air inhailer & cool air flow from the seats freshened me up in few minutes.

When he reached Worli sea face, he sided the car & I took the control of the car. It was one of the happiest moment in my life, to drive my most favorite car in the real world situation. With a prayer in my mind I selected the drive in the small coloum shift grear lever & peddled the gas. It swifted of gently, and I gradually speed by enjoying in full extend. In the enjoyment, my eyes couldnt focus an hump & the car just jumped over it. The 2ton body weight & one of the best suspension system in the world, again felt very relaxed inside the car. With the lane cutter & pedastrians on the road, I could catch only a max speed of 130kph, but 0-100 came in just in between 6-7sec. I driven around 13 kms, after 2 full rounds at Worli, I drove through heavy traffic till the showroom. Wow, its a masterpiece machine, its really "The Best Car in the World".

Even though I drove the much powerful S500 at a test-track, the experiance of driving & enjoying in the real-life condition is something very different. My Dad & wife were also very much thrilled & impressed with the new S. I cant fully express my feeling here, but all I have to say is my love on S-class just increased many times; thank Almighty.

The photos are very few, as we all were busy enjoying the legend.

Last edited by hanmust : 25th May 2007 at 11:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks