Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 14:20   #1
BHPian

A Cash & ATM Van?

I'm posting after long time here. I've relocated to Trivandrum on transfer and was kind of busy settling down.

I'm working in a PSU Bank; I have a task at hand. I'm required to source a dedicated van to be used as 'Mobile ATM' on lease. The vendor has to supply a modified van with driver for lease to the Bank for operating 16 hours each day. Rest of the equipment would be provided by the Bank.

Could someone point me to where it could be sourced?

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh
captrajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 14:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: A Cash & ATM Van?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrajesh View Post
I'm posting after long time here. I've relocated to Trivandrum on transfer and was kind of busy settling down.

I'm working in a PSU Bank; I have a task at hand. I'm required to source a dedicated van to be used as 'Mobile ATM' on lease. The vendor has to supply a modified van with driver for lease to the Bank for operating 16 hours each day. Rest of the equipment would be provided by the Bank.
The best way would be to buy a vehicle like Bolero Camper / Tata Ace / any other mini truck or similar and hand it over adter customizing it.

The amount of money spent depends on two things. Who is going to take responsibility in the case of a sabotage. If it is you, who is going to take responsibility of operations and the liability comes on you, you can build a custom body at any bus / truck body building facility.

Assumptions:
  • Mobile ATM means, clearly it would be used in remote areas and not cities.
  • If operated for 16 hours a day, for the remaining 8 hours, it would be parked in a secure location and not on the street.
  • Unwithdrawn cash remains on the mobile van, when parking

Three key take-aways from my side.
  • Just make sure to reinforce the cash storage safe part of the vehicle will at least 10 mm steel plates / Rods, which are welded to the frame of the chassis. This will take at least 10 mins for the thieves to cut through manually. This is needed for additonal security when parking overnight.
  • Invest in a GPS based panick button mechanism, which the driver can activate when something is wrong. You even get simple adroid apps that can be installed on a 4000/- rupee smartphones.
  • GPS Tracker to track the vehicle is a must
  • Needless to say, you would require an armed security guard 24X7.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 16:33   #3
BHPian

Would you not be better contacting experts in Cash Management? 'Brinks Arya' comes to mind. They should have customized solution for a mobile ATM.
Old 17th April 2015, 17:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The best way would be to buy a vehicle like Bolero Camper / Tata Ace / any other mini truck or similar and hand it over adter customizing it.
Thank you very much for the reply Scorpiobharath. Due to operational constraints, owning of the vehicle is not possible. We have to necessarily hire a vehicle for a two to three year period.
Quote:
The amount of money spent depends on two things. Who is going to take responsibility in the case of a sabotage. If it is you, who is going to take responsibility of operations and the liability comes on you, you can build a custom body at any bus / truck body building facility.
We would be providing a security guard to go along with the vehicle. The vehicle would be parked in our own secure location for overnight parking. In addition, there would be blanket insurance of the equipment and cash. All the necessary modifications would be intimated by the Bank which, the supplier of the vehicle is expected to take care.
Quote:
Assumptions:
  • Mobile ATM means, clearly it would be used in remote areas and not cities.
  • If operated for 16 hours a day, for the remaining 8 hours, it would be parked in a secure location and not on the street.
  • Unwithdrawn cash remains on the mobile van, when parking
The Mobile ATM is more of a publicity stunt; it would be operated in Trivandrum City and the vehicle would have fixed locations & timings.

The vehicle would be parked in Bank's own fixed location for overnight parking and yes, the cash would remain in the vehicle. The ATM machine is a standard one and would have sufficient safeguards to ensure security.

Quote:

Three key take-aways from my side.
  • Just make sure to reinforce the cash storage safe part of the vehicle will at least 10 mm steel plates / Rods, which are welded to the frame of the chassis. This will take at least 10 mins for the thieves to cut through manually. This is needed for additonal security when parking overnight.
  • Invest in a GPS based panick button mechanism, which the driver can activate when something is wrong. You even get simple adroid apps that can be installed on a 4000/- rupee smartphones.
  • GPS Tracker to track the vehicle is a must
  • Needless to say, you would require an armed security guard 24X7.
As mentioned before, the ATM machine is a standard one and would have adequate safeguards for safety of the cash. Also, the vehicle would be parked in a secure location.

The GPS will have to be provided by the supplier. In addition, a Burglar Alarm would also be fitted.

I understand that such vehicles are quite common abroad. Looking for someone who has some experience in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Would you not be better contacting experts in Cash Management? 'Brinks Arya' comes to mind. They should have customized solution for a mobile ATM.
You are probably referring to ATM replenishment where there are operators who offer turnkey solution to whom the whole operation is outsourced.

This is a new concept which is a mobile ATM. AFAIK there are no such service providers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2015 at 22:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
captrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:49   #5
BHPian

I have seen such Mobile ATMs in my Township (I think operated by IOB). Thought this should be more of a norm as once Aadhar and Bank Account are linked, all subsidy including for Food would be transferred to Bank accounts and there might be a need for more such ATMs in rural areas.

Last edited by GTO : 18th April 2015 at 14:20. Reason: Typos
Old 18th April 2015, 11:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
there might be a need for more such ATMs in rural areas
I fully agree your logic but situation on ground is quite different. My work requires me to visit all the branches of the Bank in Trivandrum district. The awareness of usage of ATMs in rural areas is abyssimal. I've seen that people prefer to wait in queues in the Branches for hours rather than use the ATM. Branch managers have reportedly found educating the customers to be futile exercise.
captrajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 14:37   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: A Cash & ATM Van?

There's a ton of options, dependent on the budget.

A Cash & ATM Van?-dsc08826.jpg
Source

The ICICI ATM:
A Cash & ATM Van?-image.jpg
Source

The Omni can be converted to a mini-ATM easily. This could be the cheapest option:
A Cash & ATM Van?-omni_wallpaper_1280x960_4.jpg

And the heavyweights. Customers would prefer transacting inside a vehicle, than while standing by the road:
A Cash & ATM Van?-p1010387500x500.jpg

A Cash & ATM Van?-tata407mobileatmvan500x500.jpg
Source
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 15:30   #8
BHPian

Bank of Baroda ran such mobile ATMs at various spots in NCR during the commonwealth games. The network connectivity was using Cisco equipment capable of 3g and if I remember right was in partnership with Diebold.

A Cash & ATM Van?-bpeupsinmobileatm500x500.jpg
Source

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 13:39. Reason: Uploading the image here itself :)
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 04:21   #9
BHPian

Special thanks to GTO for the informative pictures from where I can follow the leads provided and also latentpotential.

We, as any other Government & Public Sector Companies are required to follow the CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) guidelines and would be required to publish a paper advertisement seeking offers in a two bid system.

The department concerned had provided us only pictures of mobile ATMs of foreign countries. With the pictures and leads provided, I'm certainly on a better platform now.

Will update the thread on the developments.

Kudos to Team-BHP; you guys rock.
captrajesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 13:49   #10
BHPian

So I asked some more and have been asked to share the following:

http://www.barodagraminbank.com/joom...d=54&Itemid=56

You will get a better view of what has been done by BoB in these images. Also, do contact any one you know in BoB as well for actual detailed information, as I would not be able to share the same with you.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 14:14   #11
BHPian

One sample from my side

A Cash & ATM Van?-mobileatmonsfc4101.jpg

And a lead, MGS group
Image sourced from the same site.
Spinnerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 17:41   #12
BHPian

We have uploaded the Tender Document containing full information on the requirements on our Bank's website.

I request members to bring to the notice of any operators that they know of.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks