Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 17:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker : Russia's Eagle Killer

Ricci - Another wonderful thread; detailed and informative. I have been closely following all your aircraft threads.

A question though; from my understanding the USAF has graduated from the F-15 Eagle, and present their F-22 Raptor as their air dominance fighter. While I'm not sure if there has been much progression from Russia, (and in turn India which uses Russian aircrafts). Beyond variations and improvements of the Sukhoi 27/30 etc, have there been any major developments or modern fighter jets?

Needless to say, I don't follow world aircraft technology closely enough to consider my knowledgeable or well informed. So I could have missed a lot.....
Old 8th October 2015, 10:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualdanger View Post

A question though; from my understanding the USAF has graduated from the F-15 Eagle, and present their F-22 Raptor as their air dominance fighter. While I'm not sure if there has been much progression from Russia, (and in turn India which uses Russian aircrafts). Beyond variations and improvements of the Sukhoi 27/30 etc, have there been any major developments or modern fighter jets?

Needless to say, I don't follow world aircraft technology closely enough to consider my knowledgeable or well informed. So I could have missed a lot.....
The F22 is supposed to be a fifth generation fighter aircraft. Russia has a fifth generation fighter currently under development by Sukhoi called the Sukhoi T50.

I think our HAL was also supposed to collaborate with Sukhoi on this, but I am not sure if this collaboration is still on. May be others can shed more light on this.
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:59   #18
BHPian

SR71-Blackbird: Thank you for that. The link was also very useful, as I was able to lookup various fighter aircraft by generation per se, which was the classification and logic I was looking for.
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
TI think our HAL was also supposed to collaborate with Sukhoi on this, but I am not sure if this collaboration is still on. May be others can shed more light on this.
As per newspaper reports, the T50 or FGFA ( Fifth Generation Fighter Airvraftas our AF calls it) program is still on, however, there are issues regarding the share of development work between Russia and India. India, being one of the major contributors to the project in terms of money is supposedly not happy with the amount of participation that Russia is offering in terms of real R&D on the project.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks