Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 15:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Emirates SkyWheels: For Supercars, Exotics & Classics

Emirates airline's freight division - Emirates SkyCargo, has launched a transportation service called Emirates SkyWheels. This is a dedicated service for transportation of high-value automobiles that provides a transportation solution for rare and high-value vehicles such as classic, luxury and sports cars. There are two products on offer within the Emirates SkyWheels service - Premium and Advanced.

The Premium package covers door-to-door transportation of the vehicle from select origins and destinations. It also includes export and import customs clearance at both ends of the journey, along with additional road and transport insurance.

The Advanced package offers transportation of vehicles between two airports. The owner is responsible for taking the car to the airport at the source, and from the airport at the destination.

Emirates SkyCargo claims to have a global network of over 150 destinations in 6 continents. The company has a fleet of over 245 widebody aircraft including 15 freighters, 13 Boeing 777Fs and two B747-400ERFs. It has recently transported a Pagani Zonda F from Dubai back to the Pagani factory near Bologna, Italy for a service.

Emirates SkyWheels: For Supercars, Exotics & Classics-unnamed-3.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 30th November 2016 at 16:06.
dZired is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 18:30   #2
BHPian

Re: Emirates SkyWheels: For Supercars, Exotics & Classics

We have seen a number of rich Arabs take their exotic rides along when they go holidaying to equally exotic locations. I always wondered how they transported their cars in such great condition. I thought they probably had their own private cargo planes to do this. This service is probably used by the second rung Arab billionaires.
Enobarbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 20:13   #3
BHPian

Here is the video of the loading, flight and unloading. This was on a Boeing 777-300ER

searchingheaven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 21:30   #4
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
Here is the video of the loading, flight and unloading. This was on a Boeing 777-300ER
Here is another video/vlog that I watched on the same Zonda F being flown to Bologna from Dubai. Thought I'd share it out here as well

A.K is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks