Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2006, 12:32   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
AL / body builder does not need to be stead-fastly sticking to past designs. Have seen similar wind-shields on buses built on AL / Tata chassis'.

If it had been either Tata / AL, they could have changed the steering / angle of steering wheel ..

The circular blank for the logo at the front could be left there by the body-builder - so it could still be a Tata.

May not be running on OEM tyres.

Head-lamps used are common. The tail lights arent so common.

The one feature I see that's not the typical Tata / AL / Volvo - is the placement of the exhaust. Volvo typically has it on the right side, pointing backwards. Most current Tata / AL have a right exiting exhaust, placed just before the rear wheel. Considering that it has come to ARAI, the position of the exhaust on this would be the original position.

Just in case this came from north of Pune ... Tata does manufacture heavier vehicles [esp trucks] in Jharkhand - but they could have sent just the chassis/frame for any homologation testing.

Just trying to say - we dont have anything much to go on in trying to identify the make.

i think since this is a rear engined bus exhaust will be at the rear.
since i have worked in ACGL goa where most of the new TATA prototypes are built (starbus,globus etc)i can say that this does not look like their handywork.
Old 9th November 2006, 14:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar
I think this is a Kinglong bus from China. Some of these buses are already plying in India - I have seen them in Konduskar colours and now BEST in MUmbai is aplnning to get some of them to run a luxury bus service from Thane to Dadar (in Mumbai).

Mostly, the bus was in ARAI for its homolgation trials.
Now that hvkumar has mentioned it, yeah...the interior is somewhat similar to Kinglong. I had travelled in the Kinglong's run by Andhra Pradesh State Transport Corporation between Hyderabad and Bangalore. The driver was at that time mentioning that though teh Kinglong's had a much higher top speed of 140 kmph compaterd to the Volvo B7R's 110 kmph, the brakes were not at all confidence inspiring and that was the main reason why these Kinglongs used to take 1 hour more than the Volvo's to travel the same distance of about 570 km between Hyderabad-Bangalore!
Old 9th November 2006, 17:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep
The driver was at that time mentioning that though teh Kinglong's had a much higher top speed of 140 kmph compaterd to the Volvo B7R's 110 kmph,
I would think that B7R's speed is electronically controlled at 110, to ensure that it can be safely handled and stopped. Kinglong, on the other hand, might not care
Old 20th February 2007, 20:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Seeing Tushky's pics in this reply and the chassis study I had spotted (posted here) it seems to be a Sutlej body on a new Tata chassis. Boy, everybody is putting out rear engined buses these days.
Old 20th February 2007, 20:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Seeing Tushky's pics in this reply and the chassis study I had spotted (posted here) it seems to be a Sutlej body on a new Tata chassis. Boy, everybody is putting out rear engined buses these days.
I told you....... I told you........ I told you so........ (in the kinglong thread and maybe even in this thread) that it is based on a Tata bus..... The fact that it's a Sutlej was my independent identification which I have posted in the Kinglong thread...
Old 5th March 2007, 23:18   #36
BHPian

No doubt its a TATA bus, as is evident from its front wheel rims.
Old 26th November 2007, 12:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Which is this new rear-engined bus guys? Has Ashok Leyland decided to get into them? The interiors sported a nice beige theme, and it seemed a well layed out bus. The interior and exterior was devoid of any markings whatsoever. Also, its reg. no. didnt give a clue asto where it was from..

@Mods : I posted it here since I am not sure which section this one goes into.

Its Sutlej "LEXIA" manuf. by sutlej motors with rear cummins engine.
Old 30th November 2007, 08:21   #38
BHPian

I feel that this has to be a Indian player due to the bland external styling. AL probably. The chinese always like the gaudy styling to make its product look better they actually are.
Old 30th November 2007, 09:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Well theres another bus being launched in India, chinese one called Jiangling or something....in collabration with one of the local bodybuilders.
Is it King Long you are referring to ?
Old 30th November 2007, 10:20   #40
BHPian

Looks like JCBL one to me.
Rear end looks quite same. Front seems to be different, may be a new model from them
Old 1st December 2007, 00:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Looks like JCBL one to me.
Rear end looks quite same. Front seems to be different, may be a new model from them
As Transsenger mentioned, IT IS THE SUTLEJ LEXIA.

The pics are of a prototype.

The production version has newer headlights, from Sumo Victa, I guess... but the taillights are definitely from the new Scorpio.
Old 2nd February 2008, 20:54   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a Kinglong.

First photo is from the first post in this thread. Compare it with the Kinglong in the second shot:

Some of the differences:
1. Base of Steering wheel.
2. Driver's seat
3. Driver's window.
4. Dashboard.
5. Gear lever - slant.
Old 30th September 2010, 23:39   #43

The first pics are off the Tata for sure. Compared to the Kinglong, the features are much basic as I suppose the first coach is built using the bare chassis of Tata and the features are not added by the body/coach builder.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshastri13 View Post
The first pics are off the Tata for sure. Compared to the Kinglong, the features are much basic as I suppose the first coach is built using the bare chassis of Tata and the features are not added by the body/coach builder.
It's a Sutlej Lexia - uses a Cummins engine at the rear (spec unknown), and some Tata aggregates such as steering column and axle.

Parveen Travels has got a few similar buses doing tourist operations.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:22   #45
BHPian

Spotted new buses

Spotted 2 new buses in IOC bunk on HSR - ORR (near Mantri Apts) today morning at 7:45am. Could not find out what is their make.
The buses were in green color. The rear side of the buses were batched 'Luxuria' (if i am not wrong). Any clues?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks