Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 18:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer

Found this unique machine dumping some wet concrete right outside our house.

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer-img_20180112_175554.jpg

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer-img_20180112_175723.jpg

This is what the contractor had to say -

- "Ella automaticku" (meaning Everything is done automatically)
- 4 wheel drive
- Very compact when compared to Ready Mix Concrete trucks

To figure out the automatic bit, here is an Youtube video:

Company Website: http://www.ajax-fiori.com

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer-ajax1.jpg

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer-ajax2.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 12:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer

That's an interesting vehicle. Never knew something like this existed.

The Ajax Fiori self-loading concrete mixer certainly seems like a useful machine. It eliminates the need for having multiple vehicles. This, along with the swiveling operator post, tight turning radius and 4x4, makes it a very handy machine in tighter spots and smaller & hill roads with limited access.

It also reduces the need for manual labour considerably and speeds up the concrete mixing process.

Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 14:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Very good machine for medium and large scale projects, weighing system is a boon for quality control, labours who manually mix may not follow the industrial standard mixture properly.

Only negative I see is that, small scale projects where space is a constrain might find it difficult to use this, traditional mixer is usually stationary and doesn't need to disturb the traffic.
giri1.8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 15:58   #4
BHPian

Have seen this in action in Kerala quite some time back. I was surprised that there was no mention of this here and I double checked the date of the post to ensure that it was not an old one.
It eliminates a lot of manual labor and the four wheel steering really makes it very convenient on narrow roads. Saw this during the culvert work on a village road in Kerala and I was amazed by the ease with which this thing was maneuvering through the narrow space.
Noticed a small glitch in the attached video and also the product website. The name of the product is ARGO 4000. But in the video and also the browser header at the product site (Product Features), it is given as AGRO 4000.

Ajax Fiori: 4x4 Self-Loading Concrete Mixer-capture.jpg

Last edited by A350XWB : 15th January 2018 at 16:03.
A350XWB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 14:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Very good machine for medium and large scale projects, weighing system is a boon for quality control, labours who manually mix may not follow the industrial standard mixture properly.
Quality Control is a major advantage of these machines. My neighbor who works for the Quality Control unit of the State Govt has been all praises for this machine since it makes his work much easier. The on-board computer stores all the data for weight of Cement, Sand and Stones and other parameters used for the previous batches. He talks about the surprise on the contractor's face when he verifies the data on the machines screen. Which contractor would expect a Govt official to climb on the machine and retrieve the stored data about previous mixes and getting caught.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Have seen this in action in Kerala quite some time back. I was surprised that there was no mention of this here and I double checked the date of the post to ensure that it was not an old one.
Very true, This machine has been a hit in Kerala and has been in use for the past few years.
Holyghost is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks