Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 00:16   #16
BHPian

Re: The Glider Premium Bus, from BharatBenz dealer Autobahn

A dealer has to make full payment to the principals to receive a chassis. When this is sent to body builder he shall ask for at least 25% to start the job and 60 to 70% by the time it reaches final stage. Total investment of the dealer by this time would be around 80 to 90% of sale price of the bus. The dealer would not invest his funds in this as the interest cost would result in a loss making deal. He shall get into this only after receiving payment from the customer.

Regards
Old 9th August 2018, 12:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Glider Premium Bus, from BharatBenz dealer Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
In our highly variable weather conditions I believe it is. Besides; I did not know that you need change the oil on these engines only once every 100k km. That really is something.
I have 3 good friends in this business, contacts from the mid 90's days when I assembled bus Ac units.
They all follow the policy of keeping the vehicles on road for 1000km to 1100 km 16 to 18 Hrs a day, and synthetic oil with 1 Lakh km oil change for the first 4 years 15 Lakh km.
After that they sell the bus to some one else on a second HP, and keep it contracted with them for a shorter route of about 750 to 800 km a day. The second user usually follows the policy of cheaper oil and 40,000 km oil change.
Recommended oil change interval is semi synthetic oil 15W-40 and 40,000km or 4 months for charter usage, or 5W-40 and 1,00,000km or 4 months for route usage.
Service schedule ends at 12 year or 30 lakh km after which bus should be scrapped, and support from company is denied.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks