Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 17:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Eicher launches first AMT-equipped 16-tonne truck

Eicher has launched the Pro 3016 AMT truck in the 16-tonne category with an automated manual transmission (AMT). The company claims that this the first instance in the industry in which an AMT has been used in a truck in this category.

Eicher launches first AMT-equipped 16-tonne truck-3016-amt_launch-picture.jpg

The Eicher Pro 3016 AMT is equipped with an actuator that eliminates the need to use a clutch and shift gears manually. It comes with auto and manual modes. Additionally, the transmission also has power, eco and crawler modes.

Eicher launches first AMT-equipped 16-tonne truck-eicher-pro-3016-front.jpg

The Pro 3016 AMT comes with hill start assist, manual override, launching kick down and running kick down features. Other features include cruise control, fuel coaching, Intelligent Driver Information systems (IDIS) and the Eicher Live fleet management system. It gets a 6-way adjustable driver seat and sleeper cabin.

Eicher launches first AMT-equipped 16-tonne truck-3016-image.jpg

The Pro 3016 AMT is powered by a 3.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that delivers an output of 163 BHP @ 2,600 rpm and 520 Nm of torque @ 1,400-1,600 rpm.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 28th January 2019 at 17:55.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 14:43   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Eicher launches first AMT-equipped 16-tonne truck

Call me skeptical, but I'm a bit worried about AMT trucks. Based on all the AMT cars that I have driven, they don't handle load well. And when under load, there is severe stress on the clutch (e.g. steep inclines, heavy load onboard etc.).

It's a good thing that Eicher is giving 'hill start assist' & 'crawler' mode, but I still have my concerns.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 20:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Call me skeptical, but I'm a bit worried about AMT trucks. Based on all the AMT cars that I have driven, they don't handle load well. And when under load, there is severe stress on the clutch (e.g. steep inclines, heavy load onboard etc.).

It's a good thing that Eicher is giving 'hill start assist' & 'crawler' mode, but I still have my concerns.
Eicher is using the Wabco OptiDrive AMT system.

A thread on this system is right here in T-BHP (WABCO India demos Automated Manual Transmission for Trucks & Buses)

Eicher is probably the first to introduce AMT in the 16T category, but AMTs in CVs, especially buses and also in ICVs are already in use and proven over time.
silversteed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 00:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Nothing to be worried about. AMT trannys for trucks have been around for longer than the ones on cars. Most AMT’s ( Eaton being the largest supplier to most Cummins engine vehicles) have better actuation systems that shift quicker. They also have features such as downhill mode, uphill mode, crawl, hill hold, skipping gears.
Most importantly the torque available will help negate the issues that are generally seen with AMTs on lower spec cars.
torquecurve is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks