Team-BHP - 106 Tyred Volvo Trailer & other Over-Size Cargo movers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   106 Tyred Volvo Trailer & other Over-Size Cargo movers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/21440-106-tyred-volvo-trailer-other-over-size-cargo-movers.html)

Moderators ..please move this thread to appropriate section .

Total no. Tyres = 8*12 + 4*2 + 2

Amazing, this is the highest number of tires I heard in my life. A regular truck seems to be pulling it, is it not under powered ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreenivass (Post 376109)
Amazing, this is the highest number of tires I heard in my life. A regular truck seems to be pulling it, is it not under powered ?

Actually, the second engine resides in the enclosure at the back. I have seen a few of these before. But they were Tata ones.

HEyy,,how did you get 8*12,shouldnt it be 4*12??Considering the trailer has 4 tires per axle*12 axles..

BTW, how is the brake setup on monsters like these? And they wont even know if one of their tyres is punctured :P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz (Post 376134)
HEyy,,how did you get 8*12,shouldnt it be 4*12??Considering the trailer has 4 tires per axle*12 axles..

Binz, it's 8 tyres per axle and not 4. If you look carefully you can see 4 on either side.

There 1 or 2 of these at VSSC (ISRO) here... The whole road gets blocked when this thing is one the road usually transporting huge rocket parts. It does 10-15kms in like 2hrs or more.

But the one here is made by MAN i think... have seen it a few times but didn't notice as there is lot of security around it all the time

I think a similar sort of Trailer had an accident on the expressway a few months back. Blocked most of the lanes.

the trailer and the puller are seperate units .
the trailer is hydralic ie. has a hydralic suspension and a mechanical steering.
yes all the axles do turn but only 35 degrees
the turning is dictated by the truck pulling in this cas it seems to be a volvo FH12
the engine at the end of the trailer is only a hydraulic powerpack and is and does not drive the wheels
the trailer is made by tratec in haryana and is a crude copy of Commetto trailers .

tratecs are very badl designed and only sell because they are cheaper due to the saving in custom duty .

these type of trailers are called hydraulic modular trailers.
and yes you can join one trailer to another

Quote:

Originally Posted by binz (Post 376134)

:) I knew someone was going to ask me that question . Well I guess this picture ought to make everything clear .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 376135)
BTW, how is the brake setup on monsters like these? And they wont even know if one of their tyres is punctured :P.

I guess thats one of the point for setting up so many tyres in addition to load sharing .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Monkey (Post 376251)
the trailer and the puller are seperate units .
the trailer is hydralic ie. has a hydralic suspension and a mechanical steering.
yes all the axles do turn but only 35 degrees
the turning is dictated by the truck pulling in this cas it seems to be a volvo FH12
the engine at the end of the trailer is only a hydraulic powerpack and is and does not drive the wheels
the trailer is made by tratec in haryana and is a crude copy of Commetto trailers .

tratecs are very badl designed and only sell because they are cheaper due to the saving in custom duty .

these type of trailers are called hydraulic modular trailers.
and yes you can join one trailer to another

How much do you think the trailer weights based on the number of axles?

It appears that the pulling unit is not a tractor but a longer wheelbase truck like a tipper.

The attachment link is not a 5th wheel but a regular towing hook:Shockked: . How can it take such a high load.

These type of truck are basically known as ODC (over dimension cargo) or OSC (over Sized Cargo)..In India its ppopular as ODC..these are mainly used to transport super heavy cargos like the transformers, generators, plant, etc..There are a few companies in India who undertake these contracts..its a very heculean task considering the size of the cargo..especially in India the roads & traffics is the biggest hurdles..Before the introduction Volvo all these contractors used to import these trucks..the main trucks where Mercedes & MAN..

These are specially tuned trucks which strengthen chassis and engined & gearbozx tuned to bring out more power...specially made radiators & stabilizers are used in these trucks to controls the excess heat..its my most interesting field in auto-world & I've done some small research on it & made an article which was published in a Malayalam auto magazine 'Fast-track'..

I've spotted a few such trucks from varoius part of the country..A Mumbai based co. took the contract of trasporting 8 diesel generator from Calicut port (Beypore port) to an out skerts of Calicut during the consruction of Diesel POwer plant..a single `86 model Mercedes Benz Titan 4052Z 6x6 truck where used to transport those generator weighing 365 tons..it was amazing..I closely watched the transportion all the way..I've the photos which I'll post later

The recent photo of such truck I snapes from Delhi..it was also a Volvo FM-series..ITs seems the load in it will be around 80-100 tons..and the above foto, it'll be around 180 tons..

[/

close to 1000 metric tons

Dude..its a re-generator & it may not be any were 1000 tons..it may be around 200 to 250 tons..pls go through this site, U can see similar re-generator listed in it as 200 to 250 tons...:: Schwerlastinfo.de :: Krane - Schwertransporte - Begleitfahrzeuge ::.

if its 1000 tons U'll need atleast 2 prime mover at aspeed not exceeding 10-15km/h..the maximum GCW of these trucks will be 250 tons..Merc Actros 4160 SLT, MAN TGA 41.660, Scania R-series are some trucks with this capacity..

L&T had once made the worlds largest re-generator, it was weighing 1200 tons..two trailers wit 4 prime movers where used to move it..you can check out L&T's site to see the size of the same..it was their prestegious project & was also published in dailies a few years back..