Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2019, 09:35   #1
BANNED

Foton to start electric bus manufacturing in Pune, to invest Rs 500 crore

Foton to start electric bus manufacturing in Pune, to invest Rs 500 crore-0_485_735_0_70_https___www.autocarpro.in_userfiles_c7dad81766754483817186e88b6eb3c5.jpgImage courtesy: PEMSPL
Quote:
Haryana-based coach manufacturing company PMI Electro Mobility Solutions (PEMSPL), today announced that it will invest Rs 500 crore with its Chinese partner Beiqi Foton Motor to set up an electric bus manufacturing plant in Pune in the next two to three years, according to PTI.

PEMSPL is a joint venture wherein the coach manufacturing company holds 70 percent, while Beiqi Foton holds the remaining stake. The company said it has got orders from budget airline SpiceJet to supply electric buses for its operations at Indira Gandhi International Airport.

Anurag Agarwal, vice-chairman and executive director, PEMSPL told PTI: "Currently, we (PMI) have a manufacturing plant at Daruhera in Haryana for conventional buses which can also roll out electric buses. With new orders coming in we have decided to set up an electric bus manufacturing plant at Pune where Foton''s facility is there."

He added that Foton PMI has bagged orders to supply 700 electric buses to Uttar Pradesh in the next one year, and it has already supplied 50 electric buses to Himachal State Road Transport Corporation.
Source: Autocar Professional
wheelguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 11:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Foton to start electric bus manufacturing in Pune, to invest Rs 500 crore

I already see quite a lot of electric buses on Pune roads.
Which make are those?
Old 8th November 2019, 13:49   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I already see quite a lot of electric buses on Pune roads.
Which make are those?
These are BYD made, another Chinese manufacturer. One thing to admit though, these electric buses have terrific pick up and low end torque.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
These are BYD made, another Chinese manufacturer. One thing to admit though, these electric buses have terrific pick up and low end torque.
Thanks, nevertheless I tailed one such bus and saw that the Olectra BYD was mentioned.

You know there is one issue with these electric beasts - they are so silent that sometimes they sneak up on you, making you jump out of your skins!
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 11:17   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Thanks, nevertheless I tailed one such bus and saw that the Olectra BYD was mentioned.

You know there is one issue with these electric beasts - they are so silent that sometimes they sneak up on you, making you jump out of your skins!
True, one thing is good, they mostly ply inside BRTC track. With such hard acceleration and mammoth size with such weight they carry, I bet, regenerative braking is a blessing in disguise.

OT: Long back, while I used to live in Bengaluru, I was on my bike to office. At a traffic junction, while waiting, I just leaned back a bit and felt something hard on my back. When I turned back, it was the infamous BMTC Volvo. I almost wet my pants that day.
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 18:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
True, one thing is good, they mostly ply inside BRTC track. With such hard acceleration and mammoth size with such weight they carry, I bet, regenerative braking is a blessing in disguise.

The official Gross vehicle weight is 19 tons, but in the morning and evening super dense crush loads they touch 21 tons. Acceleration is 0-50 in 20seconds, and top speed is 96 kph. The ingenuity of electric traction meand sthey consume only 48kw or 64HP while cruising at 64kph. Lowest energy consumption is between 48kph and 72kph. They are locked at either 64 or 72 kph here. The ECU has provision for locking max permissible speed at 56, 64, 72, 80.5, 88.5 and 96 kph.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 07:29   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

PMI Electro (FOTON) and BYD-Olectra bag most e-bus orders.

Foton to start electric bus manufacturing in Pune, to invest Rs 500 crore-1.jpg

Quote:
PMI Electro and BYD-Olectra have won large contracts floated by state transport agencies for supply of electric buses under a government scheme to promote green mobility,
Quote:
Haryana-based PMI Electro Mobility Solutions, which has a technical tieup with Chinese commercial vehicle maker Beiqi Foton Motors, has bagged contracts for about 750 electric buses in the tenders that have been finalised so far
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd January 2020 at 07:31.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks