Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 14:33   #1
BANNED

BharatBenz unveils the longest 8 years / 800,000 km extended warranty!

BharatBenz unveils the longest 8 years / 800,000 km extended warranty!-bharatbenzunveilsthelongestdurationbestinclassextendedwarranty.jpg
The new warranty is up to 8 years / 8 lakh kilometers, one the longest duration offered in the entire CV industry.
Quote:
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today announced a best-in-class extended warranty offering for all BS-IV compliant heavy-duty and medium-duty trucks. The new warranty is up to 8 years / 8 lakh kilometers, one the longest duration offered in the entire CV industry.

The scope of the extended warranty includes all powertrain aggregates such as the engine, transmission, propeller shaft and drivehead. The extended warranty offerings can be availed across the lifecycle of the standard warranty by the customers, with flexible pricing options available as per the application and age of the vehicle. Customers can also benefit from risk coverage against unexpected breakdowns. The warranty package is supported across BharatBenz’s 200+ network touchpoints.

Speaking on the initiative, Ramesh Rajagopalan, Vice President - Customer Service, DICV said, “BharatBenz continues to raise the benchmark on customer value proposition in the Indian CV industry. Our latest extended warranty is an industry first with its wide coverage. This offers another complimentary product for our customers, in addition to the full-service contracts offered up to 10 years/15 lakh kilometers already. This not only speaks of the durability and reliability of our trucks but also shows the continually high level of ownership experience BharatBenz customers can expect.”

This is an extension of the ProServ promise of best-in-class reliable products combined with proactive service to ensure higher vehicle uptime along with an impressive portfolio of unique service offerings like service contracts, express service, onsite service, speed fix and pool service available for all BharatBenz customers, across all touchpoints.
Source: TrucksDekho
wheelguy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 14:44   #2
BHPian

re: BharatBenz unveils the longest 8 years / 800,000 km extended warranty!

In recent years, if there is one automobile manufacturer I admire the most, irrespective of their country of origin, it would definitely be Bharat Benz.

Every move of theirs in India is more customer-centric, more engineering focused to create value and more receptive to, not only the customers' demands but also the truck drivers' needs.

Respects to what they have been doing in India so far and best wishes to continue their journey with the same intent.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 14th November 2019 at 14:46.
CliffHanger is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 08:41   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BharatBenz unveils the longest 8 years / 800,000 km extended warranty!

8 years & 8 lakh km! As a lover of extended warranties & one who always gets the max coverage for all cars, I'm salivating already .

Hope more car manufacturers start offering 8-year warranties now that cars have become so much more reliable and a handful are already offering 7-year extended plans (e.g. Toyota).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 09:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

That is a great warranty. They are going all out on capturing the market. Apparently, even without this, BharathBenz trucks are more reliable than the desi ones.

They have completely captured the truck market in Kerala. Every other truck I see on road is a BharathBenz now. Tata and Leyland's ones are the rare ones these days. Rarely I see a couple of M&M Blazo trucks as well.
Old 15th November 2019, 09:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Warranty is a sign of the OEM's confidence in its product and engineering quality. Glad to see this focus on quality for commercial trucks. An 8- year warranty must be unique for any machine in any industry i would guess.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 15th November 2019 at 09:34.
V.Narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 11:29   #6
BANNED

I am sure the warranty on cars will be extended. I only hope the service requirements are reduced to once a year. Honda for one insists on six months!
Old 15th November 2019, 11:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

There is a 2-fold advantage in this news.
1. Clear off old (BS4 stock)
2. Ensure customer keeps coming to the authorised service centre for a long time. By giving it free, they have literally forced the buyer to stick to them for repairs and after-sales.

Good move though. This will be a distinguishing point when buying a truck. 8 lakh km may sound a lot, but a truck doing 400 kms a day will do that in about 5.5 years. Not bad at all. Fleet owners will be happy.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:25   #8
BHPian

Impending BS6 has had some benefit for customers like us, high discounts and offers like these are a good time to pick-up these HCVs. We recently bought 20 AL-4123 (16-wheeler) trucks and selected AL simply because they don't have DEF system in the BS4. Every HCV will have to have it from BS6. Tata matched the pricing/even lowered than AL. BharatBenz was still higher-priced. I don't own them but i have heard good things about it. We also bought 6 Mahindra 14-wheeler last December and imo they are really good. More power along with higher average, they have a brilliant engine compared to Tata/AL. They only introduced 16-wheeler last month and as with their 14-wheeler they use DEF too.
AnandB is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 18:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
8 years & 8 lakh km! As a lover of extended warranties & one who always gets the max coverage for all cars, I'm salivating already .

Hope more car manufacturers start offering 8-year warranties now that cars have become so much more reliable and a handful are already offering 7-year extended plans (e.g. Toyota).

Volvo buses do have a shorter 2 year 4.02 Lakh km standard warranty, but they take up comprehensive annual maintenance contracts for buses which have run a whooping 12 Year 30 Lakh km.
Note: The additional 2000km is a question, It is probably to compensate for road delivery which is given in all southern states + MH, GJ, and MP.
Or a conversion from 2.5 lakh miles.

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks