Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 14:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

AirAsia to give pollution masks to Delhi-bound passengers

AirAsia has partnered with mfine - a health-tech start-up to provide pollution masks to passengers travelling to New Delhi from metro cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Kolkata.

AirAsia to give pollution masks to Delhi-bound passengers-airasia.jpg

The overall air quality index (AQI) in Delhi at the moment is 494. According to the monitoring agency SAFAR, AQI measures the levels of airborne PM 2.5 particles. These are particularly harmful as they can reach deep into the lungs.

AirAsia will be providing pollution masks to passengers travelling on the aforementioned routes only. The campaign commenced on November 19, 2019 and will end on November 29, 2019.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 23:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: AirAsia to give pollution masks to Delhi-bound passengers

By providing, I presume they mean they'll be selling them for a ridiculous price and a make some extra money through advertising for this start up.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 00:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is ironic. They are an otherwise fine airline that otherwise has ZERO concerns about passenger comfort. Why are they not admitting that it is mfine advertising their masks by distributing it to AA pax? call it for what it is!

Multiple junta including myself have tweeted their late night or early morning flights playing peppy music at FULL volume with zero care to the passengers' comfort. It would be hypocrisy of the first order to still torture pax with loud music but give them pollution masks on landing.
phamilyman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 08:25   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As long as the mask is good & the price is fair, I have absolutely no problem paying for it. Being how difficult it is to make money in the airline business, no one should expect freebies. I value this move for the convenience it provides. Am sure the PR it generated didn't hurt Air Asia either!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:57   #5
BHPian

Considering how bad the situation in Delhi has gotten, I expect any diligent traveler flying to the capital to carry their own masks to begin with. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by raystriker : 22nd November 2019 at 00:58.
raystriker is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks