Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 12:07   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Shivangi Singh: The first woman set to fly Rafale fighter jet

First woman fighter pilot to join Rafale Squadron

Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh joins the Rafale Squadron transferring over from MiG-21 Bisons. Congratulations to this fine young officer.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/78284327.cms

V.Narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Shivangi Singh: The first woman set to fly Rafale fighter jet

Quote:
Ten years on, Shivangi, 25, is one of only 10 women fighter pilots in the country, and is undergoing rigorous training to become the first woman to fly the Rafale fighter jet. She joined the IAF’s fighter stream in 2017. She flew the MiG-21 Bison aircraft soon after being commissioned, and was until recently serving at a fighter base in Rajasthan.

Once her conversion training is done — this is the training required whenever a pilot has to switch from one aircraft type to another — the Varanasi girl will join the No 17 squadron based in Ambala, Haryana, a squad also known as the Golden Arrows.

“From the place of temple chimes, look at this girl as she shines. It’s heartening that the IAF gave Shivangi a fair chance. I am so proud I donned the IAF blues, a service that shows that you can dream and live that dream,” says Wing Commander (Retd) Anupama Joshi, who was in the first batch of women officers commissioned into the IAF, in 1993.
Shivangi Singh: The first woman set to fly Rafale fighter jet-iafshivangirafalepilot_2779b8d604b611ebbe8aaf0c9ba615fa.jpg

Quote:
There are a total of about 4,000 women in the Indian armed forces, but combat roles are off-limits to most. It was only in 1992 that women were first allowed to join the armed forces outside the medical stream. Tanks and combat positions in the infantry remain no-go zones.

Warships will soon have women on board; the first two women naval aviators are set to soon operate from the flight decks of warships and stay on board the vessels. The IAF has so far taken the lead in crushing internal resistance to induct women into active combat.
Shivangi Singh: The first woman set to fly Rafale fighter jet-_113692145_iaf.jpg

Quote:
India ordered 36 Rafale jets from France in a deal worth Rs 59,000 crore. Five of the jets have arrived, and are being operated in the Ladakh theatre where the military is on high alert amid border tensions with China.

Singh could soon be flying in that sensitive zone. Back in her neighbourhood, when girls are asked what they want to be, they name Shivangi Singh. “But none of that has changed her one bit,” her mother says proudly. “When I called her a few days ago, she asked for my blessings. She asked about her father and brothers. Neither of us spoke about her latest achievement. As her mother, I just asked her to take care of herself.”
Source
blackwasp is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 18:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shivangi Singh: The first woman set to fly Rafale fighter jet

This is a matter of great pride for Flt Lt Singh, her family and the Indian Air Force; a perfect example of a dream coming true !!!!

Jai Hind !!!
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks