Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2021, 09:46   #1
BHPian

Options for a crew cabin commercial vehicle

Compared to passenger vehicles, it is difficult to get details on options for commercial vehicles. Online details are slim and the showroom options are pretty limited.

I'm in the market for a crew cab like vehicle that can carry 5+1 passengers and a load of 3 tons (ideally a 7 feet length bay). I can't find any options close to this. There are several Light Trucks that are single cabin (2+1) but none that can carry passengers. With the way the traffic laws are getting enforced in India, I think the days to carry people in the bay is numbered, and it is a big problem both in safety and comfort.

The only vehicle that I can find is the Tata Yodha CrewCab and Bolero, both are much smaller than what I want. And ideas on what would be a good fit? I'd estimated a budget of about 2 lakhs more than the single cab, so approx 12.5 lakhs.
Old 25th June 2021, 16:48   #2
BHPian

Re: Options for a crew cabin commercial vehicle

I am not the commercial vehicles expert here.

But somehow I feel you may not be able to find anymore cars in this category. There is Bolero, Ingenio (Xylo), Yodha and I think there is Isuzu S-CAB (https://www.isuzu.in/product/isuzu-d-max-s-cab/).

But not sure of the pricing.

But not sure whether these are 5+1, they should be 4+1
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 17:01   #3
Team-BHP Support

Check this thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/comme...ro-camper.html (Isuzu D-Max vs Tata Xenon vs Mahindra Bolero Camper)

OP eventually picked up an Isuzu D-Max
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 19:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Yodha is known to be used overloaded, but the 7 ft load bay wont be found in the crewcab version.

Even in the next level - the 407's: 3 ton - yes. 7 ft - yes, but crewcab ? no

The only option may be to split the usage - passenger & loading. Or customize a 407 or such.

You have not mentioned what kind of load you need to carry. Pls check if a Force traveller if that will work to carry the load inside the body.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 09:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
I'm in the market for a crew cab like vehicle that can carry 5+1 passengers and a load of 3 tons (ideally a 7 feet length bay). I can't find any options close to this.
You're looking more and more like a candidate for a towed trailer. You'll need a commercial / yellow board registration for the towing vehicle and another for the trailer of course.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 20:53   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Have only seen the crew cab version of Swaraj Mazda in India so far. That too not sure if it is still on sale. The Japanese and also Hyundai have good models in the international market. A super practical body style.
Attached Thumbnails
Options for a crew cabin commercial vehicle-smlisuzu-dualcabinbsiv533eb690.jpg  

DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks