Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite flypast formation?
Dhwaj 1 2.17%
Rudra 2 4.35%
Eklavya 2 4.35%
Meghna 1 2.17%
Rahat 0 0%
Tangail 2 4.35%
Varuna 2 4.35%
Baaz 10 21.74%
Amrit 2 4.35%
Tiranga 3 6.52%
Traan 2 4.35%
Trishul 27 58.70%
Netra 5 10.87%
Vinaash 7 15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2022, 18:49   #1
BHPian

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV

This year, on January 26, 2022, India celebrated its 73rd Republic Day. While I was hooked to TV for live telecast, I was surprised to witness something attempted first time on Republic Day. It was Cockpit's POV of flypast.

This year for very first time ever, Doordarshan/Govt./Indian Forces recorded this flypast to provide us with a cockpit's POV. Some images are stunning to say the least, a very unique and thrilling experience. We have certainly seen many better POVs of such kind, but still I thought it is worthy to share this very first of a kind. I am sure there is scope for improvement and it will become better year after year. I hope this is not discontinued and may they even add a para jump.

I have added a poll for your favorite formations. I have few favs of mine, lets find yours.

PS : I in no way support or endorse these channels.

Dhwaj Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture1.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture2.png

Rudra Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture4.png

Eklavya Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture5.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture6.png

Meghna Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture7.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture8.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture9.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture10.png

Rahat Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture12.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture13.png

Tangail Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture14.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture15.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture16.png

Varuna Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture17.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture19.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture21.png

Baaz Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture22.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture24.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture25.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture27.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture28.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture29.png

Amrit Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture30.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture32.png

Tiranga Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture36.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture38.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture39.png

Last edited by varunswnt : 26th January 2022 at 19:07. Reason: Title rephrase
varunswnt is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 18:58   #2
BHPian

Re: 1st Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit POV

Traan Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture40.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture41.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture42.png

Trishul Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture43.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture44.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture45.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture46.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture47.png

Netra Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture48.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture49.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture50.png

Vinaash Formation

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture51.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture52.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture53.png1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-capture54.png

I hope you have enjoyed these flypast POVs.
varunswnt is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 19:21   #3
BHPian

re: 1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV

Haven’t watched the parade yet, too many spoilers

Jokes aside, I was excited like a little kid when I saw these cockpit POV photos and videos and social media. Also, it’s quite a feat to do a fly past with 75 aircraft (more than the entire air forces of some countries), kudos to the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force.

Based on the list I saw earlier, the Tejas, Mirage 2000 and C17s were missed (former two since they are single engine due to a new policy).

Can’t wait to watch the parade later in the evening
dragracer567 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:19   #4
BHPian

Re: 1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV

Spotting these grey planes in delhi's smog filled sky must have been something as close to as spotting a spy plane.

looks really cool though!
DeepCarTalk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Good stuff! Never get tired of watching the R-Day parade. Have watched it live only once though and it was one of the memorable experiences in my life. Have to go again to see it live.
am1m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 10:03   #6
BHPian

The direct feed from the cockpit was huge improvement over previous years. The coverage from the ground was pretty sad as usual.

On a related note I managed to complete my Su-30MKI a day before the flypast and now have collection of most of the participants

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-img_1428.jpg
Foxbat is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 10:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
The direct feed from the cockpit was huge improvement over previous years. The coverage from the ground was pretty sad as usual.

On a related note I managed to complete my Su-30MKI a day before the flypast and now have collection of most of the participants

Attachment 2265892
What a nice collection ! But I did notice that you do not have your namsake included in the collection. By the way, that is one of my favourite aircraft as well.
Merril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:38   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
What a nice collection ! But I did notice that you do not have your namsake included in the collection. By the way, that is one of my favourite aircraft as well.

Nice to meet another Foxbat fan

We have dedicated thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/comme...air-force.html (Indian Aviation: MiG-25 Foxbat in the Indian Air Force)

I have two actually but none in IAF colours, planning to make one eventually.

1/72 Scale Soviet Air Force

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-pxl_20201106_133317829.jpg

1/200 Scale Libyan Air Force (built diecast model)
1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-img_20180807_102926.jpg

Last edited by Foxbat : 28th January 2022 at 11:41.
Foxbat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 11:48   #9
BHPian

Thanks for this. I have never understood why our forces don't encourage pilots to strap a go pro on and then publish that footage, after scrutiny of course, instead of lame videos they publish on official channels. A Rafale flying low through our mountains would be do a lot more to encourage young gen than those minute long adverts.
Old 28th January 2022, 12:06   #10

Quote:

Attachment 2265892
Very nice collection Sir !!!
Are these die cast models ? Which brand provides such beautiful models ?
I myself want to start collecting models of fighter aircrafts and tanks.
Rajvir Bains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvir Bains View Post
Very nice collection Sir !!!
Are these die cast models ? Which brand provides such beautiful models ?
I myself want to start collecting models of fighter aircrafts and tanks.
No they are models assembled and customised from plastic model kits, they take a lot of effort and time to assemble:

You can buy diecast models also but they are more expensive and options are relatively limited, here is a online store in India that many members buy from:

https://www.dbjets.com/in/new

Here is a dedicated thread on Scale Aircraft models:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ships-112.html (Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships)
Foxbat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:09   #12

Quote:
No they are models assembled and customised from plastic model kits, they take a lot of effort and time to assemble:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hFT8mffQ6Nc&t=494s

You can buy diecast models also but they are more expensive and options are relatively limited, here is a online store in India that many members buy from:

https://www.dbjets.com/in/new

Here is a dedicated thread on Scale Aircraft models:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ships-112.html (Scale Models - Aircraft, Battle Tanks & Ships)
Oh yes they need a lot of effort, time and precision.
I have one Revell model kit of rafale fighter plane with me since 1 year, have not got time to complete it.
Rajvir Bains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:05   #13
BHPian

What an exciting telecast that was, it even got my 3 year old excited! The cockpit views felt like straight out of top gun it was hugely inspiring and a wonderful surprise as well!
Old 28th January 2022, 17:17   #14
BHPian

The sheer happiness to see a DC - 3 airframe still active and kept flyworthy made my day!
I was hoping to see the 707 and the Hurricane in the flypast when it was announced that 75 aircrafts would be in the event. I believe one of the oldest formations is the Trishul! I've been seeing it atleast for the past 15 years! The flypast sure had me excited and kudos to doordarshan team to have got the cockpit views. But I was a little let down by absence of the 707 and hurricane.
Aravind_M92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 22:03   #15
BHPian

Good flypast this year!

Probably the weather and camera angle played a spoilsport else the Amrit formation could have looked like this:

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-3.jpg

Personal belief, the Vertical Charlie done by Flanker in the past appeared better than what the Rafale does now.

1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-1.jpg1st time! Republic Day Flypast with Cockpit's POV-2.jpg

Quote:
I managed to complete my Su-30MKI a day before the flypast and now have collection of most of the participants
Nice collection there Foxbat and a nice nickname too! Great attention to detail on the Flanker.

Last edited by Prashant1286 : 28th January 2022 at 22:08.
Prashant1286 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks