Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 14:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Are JCB machines also covered under the 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban in Delhi/NCR?

Abhinav Gupta drops in a query via this Team-BHP share page.

Quote:
Greetings for the day!

Would like to bring to your notice that my father owns a JCB 3DX 2WD Hydraulic Excavator Loader, which has Euro-2 emission norms registered on 21-10-2010, under HR-38 RTO.

It is currently being operated in Faridabad, Haryana, which comes under the Delhi-NCR region where the NGT 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban is applicable.

Since this forum is about everything on wheels, I wanted to know from my fellow BHpians if anyone knows whether JCB machines are also covered under the NGT 10-year-old Diesel Vehicle Ban of Delhi/NCR?

A lot of other machine operators that are running more than 10-year-old JCB Machines are now being fined in Faridabad, Haryana.

As per my research Farm and Construction Equipment and Machinery are not covered under the NGT 10-year-old Diesel Vehicle Ban, but I was unable to find any documentation regarding the same.

If some documentation could be provided by my fellow BHPians that JCB Machines are not covered under the NGT 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban, I would be very thankful or if someone who is running more than 10-year-old JCB in the Delhi-NCR region who has proper knowledge regarding the ban and whether JCB Machines are covered under it or not could directly get in touch with me.

As It could save us from future trouble and could help my father continue in his business, else we will have to sell out this piece of equipment which has served us for years.

The same issue I have is with 10-year-old diesel-powered tractors.

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 21st February 2022 at 14:14.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 14:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need Info: Are JCB machines also covered under the NGT 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban in Delhi/N

I would suggest that the owner files an RTI to the correct department seeking information under the RTI Act 2005, the PIO should be able to answer his questions.

An official RTI reply is documentary proof, which could be used to avoid any harassment from cops. RTI costs 10 Rupees and can also be filed online (in most cases, but please check with the concerned PIO and Department).

Spike

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd February 2022 at 07:52. Reason: Typo
SPIKE ARRESTOR is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Are JCB machines also covered under the 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban in Delhi/NCR?

Does the HR 38 locality, where the RTO for this vehicle is registered fall within the NCR limits?

Importantly the moot issue should be its current location and whether it's papers have been submitted to the RTO where it presently operates?

If its a NCR registered vehicle or else even if its papers are submitted with NOC from an older non NCR RTO to a NCR RTO the ban is fully applicable. The registration simply gets cancelled for all such diesel powered motor vehicles that are registered with the RTO's in NCR, be it a tractor or a JCB or even a Mercedes Benz.

For more information please view this link :-

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...icles/80744105
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Are JCB machines also covered under the 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban in Delhi/NCR?

JCB (Backhoe loader, wheel loader) is certified by ARAI for its road worthiness just like other vehicles (allowed to be driven on road just like other vehicles) . Machineries like excavator (Hitachi, Poclain) do not need this certification. NGT ban may be applicable for JCB backhoe loader.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd February 2022 at 09:51.
Old 23rd February 2022, 11:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per my research Farm and Construction Equipment and Machinery are not covered under the NGT 10-year-old Diesel Vehicle Ban, but I was unable to find any documentation regarding the same.
In the absence of any document, how did Abhinav conclude that Farm and Construction Equipment and Machinery are not covered under the NGT 10-year-old diesel vehicle ban?

The NGT order bans plying of vehicles on roads only; they can continue to be used on farms and sites, although that limitation does diminish their utility!
Old 23rd February 2022, 21:51   #6
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The NGT order bans plying of vehicles on roads only; they can continue to be used on farms and sites, although that limitation does diminish their utility!
If this is indeed the case backhoe loaders (JCB) and excavators can be transported using trucks between sites and continue to be used isn't it? I think NGT has banned entry of more than ten yr old vehicles into NCR so not sure if that means they can't be loaded on trucks as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks