Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2024, 23:52   #61

Re: Farewell Boeing 747 - Last one just rolled out of the Seattle factory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
I have been told by the engineer at AIESL to not expect the next one to leave for at least the next 3 months. All of them are indeed in BOM. When I last landed here on 15th of April, 3 of them were near the AI Hangar (this includes the one that flew), and one was at the remote bay near Terminal 2. Photos attached below.

These ferry flights were operated by Nomadic Aviation, who got a special ferry license, so I don't think it is possible to fly on one, especially due to the risks involved.(Keep in mind the first one flew after 3 years under storage, the others have been stored for even longer) I tried to get airside access just to see it takeoff but even that didn't work...

If anyone here could just help me in getting to see one in person would be great
I completely understand that. Plus, my family won't be happy with me risking my life on an old aircraft that's been idle for years.

Let us know if/when you get to know the dates for the next 747 departure.

And do count me in for, if you manage to get a in-person visit and/or the airside access for the next departures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks