Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2024, 16:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Ree P7-C is world's 1st 'everything-by-wire' vehicle; No mechanical linkages at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
Wow. Thats nice.. But if this how things come up in future then poor mechanical engineers, mechanics and others related will go jobless

I have been always wondering about the poor people's workshop lately when all these electric cars come into the picture. Like when I was a kid, used to see Senior kind of mechanics who had an old greasy garage to work only on Ambassadors and fiats. No idea where they have gone, soon these stages will come. A sad scary dream indeed.
There's going to be a greater need for mechanical engineers (designers) now. They have to design all these new modules and platforms.

However, the maintenance requirements might be reduced further. With EVs, we're already seen a lot less dependence of "fluid replacements" which constitute the major part of maintenance by the service staff.

Current EVs don't have engine oil and transmission oil. They only have coolant and brake fluid. And I don't think coolant is a maintenance item on EVs (I'm not sure)

If brake by wire is introduced, we'll see the brake fluid go.

Current EVs need service for brake pads, tyres and suspension components. Other than these items, what other service components exist on EVs today?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks